what did you take to the hospital?

prdmomof3
on 3/30/11 8:30 pm - Canada
I am 10 days away from surgery WOOT WOOT!!  Just wondering what  everyone took to the hospital with them?  extra pillow?, IPOD? book to read?  Your own clothes?

Michelle.

Monica M.
on 3/30/11 8:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
pillow would be nice.
Comfy clothes to go home in, slippers for walking around
something to read
ipod,
cpap machine (if you have one)
cellphone
lip stuff (very important, its dry in there)
moisturizer
shampoo and conditioner (they don't supply it)
toothbrush and toothpaste

Robyn E.
on 3/30/11 9:37 pm - Midland, Canada
* I took my pillows - 2 cause the never have any good ones 
* my carmex - I knew I'd be dry if I was only getting ice chips that day of surgery, and boy I needed it!!
* my cpap machine - it was required
* a loose shirt and pants for the trip home
* a couple of pairs of clean undies
* my slippers
* my ipod
* all my meds
* a journal that I'm keeping of my journey

and a boat load of excitement !!!
Robyn E. 
Referral August 6, '10 -- Info Session Oct 27, '10 -- 1st Surgeons Appt Nov 17, '10 -- Internist, Nut, SW Jan 5, '11 -- 2nd Nut, SW, Surgeon Appt Mar 3, '11 -- Surgery Date Mar 24th '11

Eileen C.
on 3/30/11 10:03 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Michelle

I took toooo much 

The hospital I was at gave me a pack of any I would need, shampoo, hand lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste and other stuff I can't remember.

I took my own toothbrush and fav toothpaste, deodorant, extra undies, slippers, comfortable going home clothes, nothing tight LOL, I brought a book, but did not read it, took my cell phone, to call hubby when they released me earlier than we thought LOL,

I took a pillow for the long ride home in the car and lots of bottled water for the trip home,

Good luck and sending you warm hugs and healing vibes for your upcoming surgery 

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
paula-37
on 3/30/11 10:15 pm - brantford, Canada
 Hi Michelle the things i brough tto the hospital was a pair of running shoes ,tooth bruth ,hair brush lip balm,book or magazine to read shampoo and comditioner.i want to wish you all the best of luck.
before you no it 10 days will go by fast.keep your eyes on the prize.i did not bring my own pillow.sending you hugs and positive vibes.see you on that bench in 10days.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 10:49 pm - Canada
- CPAP (if you need it)
- Slippers with grippy soles for walking in.
- iPhone
- Charger for iPhone
- a light book to read - if you're like me and rest the book/your arms on your stomach, you're going to want something light or else use the bedside table...
- Toiletry kit to brush teeth, you WILL want this, believe me, hair brush and deodorant for trip home
- comfortable clothes to wear home (ummm, preferably with either stretch or no waistbands - you're gonna be a little tender around there)

prdmomof3
on 3/30/11 11:22 pm - Canada
Awesome! thanks everyone for your input and warm wishes for my upcoming surgery it sure means alot!! You guys rock!

Michelle.

bbwdancingqueen
on 3/30/11 11:53 pm - Canada
All I took was:

-lip balm
-extra pillow
-shampoo
-toothbrush and paste
-pit juice
-hair brush
-phone & charger
-book to read along with the books the clinic gave us
-vitamins
-extra pair of underwear (which I didn't use as they rested on my incisions)

I wore my crocs and used the clothes I wore down to come home in as they were loose fitting.

Wishing you all the best on your upcoming surgery and everything will be fine. Just remember to do as your told. See you on the loser bench real soon. Will keep a place warm for you.
SandpaperSandy
on 3/31/11 2:00 am - Kitchener, Canada
Ear plugs !!!!  It was hard to sleep with the noise of the cleaners and the nurses checking on my room mate and flipping the lights on - wish I had one of those sleep masks to keep my eyes dark.

a house coat (if you have one) for walking the halls - you could wear a dressing gown backwards and hope nothing shows.

no jewelery and no nail polish - toes or hands -
hand lotion and lip balm as the room is very dry -
Most Active