Gastric Bypass Class

Lilla M.
on 3/23/11 3:24 pm
I have my gastric bypass class the end of March and was wondering if my husband should be there? He will be coming the NUT/SW APPTS. Also, is the class the 3 hrs they say it is?
Thanks

My Angel is Merly6800

Doc sent referral Dec 2010
H.Pylori Test Feb16, 2011
Bone Scan Feb 18, 2011
Sleep Study Feb 28,2011
1st Consultation @ Humber River March 7, 2011 
Dr Huynh March 14, 2011
Gastric Class March 30,2011
Nut/SW April  6, 2011 
Dr Glaser April 13, 2011
Dr Huynh April 28 ,2011
Surgery Date: June 15,2011
Barb L.
on 3/23/11 7:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
If he can make it that would be great.  I went by myself and missed a lot of information.   You need all the support right now and if your husband is willing to go that is wonderful.

The class I went to was not that long.  I believe it was only an hour. 

Good luck

Sweetpea
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 9:12 pm - Canada
 when i did mine it indeed was the full 3 hours and spouses were not permitted to join due to lack of room in the class  id call ahead and make sure if it was me.
Monica M.
on 3/23/11 9:22 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Sure, he could come. I think its about 3 hours, yes. Have fun!

sam1am
on 3/23/11 10:41 pm
I think its very individual.  I didn't want mine, he would have just distracted me, lol.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Dollface-1981
on 3/23/11 11:49 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I went by myself, but a lot of people there had spouses or friends with them.. they just had to sit out of the way.  Ours was about two hours but I guess they say 3 just depending on questions and discussions.  It was really informative and they give you a really good booklet to take home that gives you soo many good ideas for the stages of meals... also about what types of vitamins to buy etc....  that was at HRRH though.. im sure each place is different.

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

trudylam
on 3/24/11 12:41 am - Sudbury, Canada
I did mine in Hamilton and I brought my husband with me so he could see what would happen and understand the changes that we'd have to make post-op.  They encouraged me to bring a support person although it wasn't mandatory.  I am definitely glad that he came with me because it helped him understand the process.  Best of luck to you! :)

Most Active