What to put on a MedicAlert Bracelet...

Kristina1987
on 3/21/11 11:53 am - Canada
So many questions tonight...
What are some ideas to put on a medic alert bracelet for Roux-en-y... what are somethings others have put on?
koree
on 3/21/11 12:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
Mine has the following info:

No blind NG tube
RNY Gastric Bypass
Surgeron's name
ICE # (my hubby's name and phone #)
NO NSAIDS NO Sugar
Koree
July 13th, 2010 - Orientation at TWH.....  July 29th, 2010 - Bariatric Nurse Appt.....   August 10th, 2010 - Social Worker.....  September 8th, 2010 - Nutrition Class & Dietitian Appts.....  September 13th, 2010 - Psychologist.....  September 23rd, 2010 - Dietitian and Social Worker meeting with Hubby.....  October 12th, 2010 - Follow up with Social Worker.....  November 5th, 2010 - Met Surgeon - Teodor Grantcharov....  January 7th, 2011 - PATS.....   January 20th, 2011 - SURGERY!! 
Got me an Angel - Leanne1

Marny B.
on 3/21/11 12:51 pm - Canada
Are you buying through MedicAlert with the yearly membership, or are there other companies that just do the breacelet?  I was on their website, and it is $40 a year.  I don;t want to pay that, but I would get a bracelet with all of my pertinent info. on it.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

flyingwoman
on 3/21/11 12:59 pm
Check Ebay. I got medalert dogtags for 7 bucks, engraved.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
ROSIESMILE
on 3/21/11 2:35 pm
On March 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM Pacific Time, Marny B. wrote:
Are you buying through MedicAlert with the yearly membership, or are there other companies that just do the breacelet?  I was on their website, and it is $40 a year.  I don;t want to pay that, but I would get a bracelet with all of my pertinent info. on it.
I purchased my gold bracelet w/ the medicaltert symbol on it at a jeweller's several years ago (re: allergies).
I am looking into getting it resurfaced and re-engraved/updated.

The advantage to the membership is that one id # contains all info and it can be updated.
I would think it would be considered a health expense for tax purposes (I hope!).

Happy Bracelet Shopping :)
coconut01
on 3/21/11 10:13 pm - Canada
I got mine from universal medical id, they are in etobicoke and you order on line.  They offer a free on line registration, but I did not get it.  I bought a regular tag and got some custome braclets made on line, then I got a tag one a canvas ( not really sure the material) band that I wear everyday, it is sturdy enough to go out and work out in, but the nicer ones are for going out or just when I want a nicer look.
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 10:54 pm - Canada
Mine Reads:

Roux-en-y
gastric bypass
no blind NG tube
sugars or NSAIDS

I got mine through medicalert.ca, YES it's $40 a year, but there is one number to keep up with and they can contact the company to get all your up-to-date medical history and what meds/supplements you are using.  Worthwhile in my honest opinion.
Sirene
on 3/21/11 10:54 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I'm thinking, when the time comes, I am gonna get it all tattooed on my wrist ;)
Then I never have to worry about losing it or whether or not it goes with my outfit! LOL!!

But seriously, that *is* kind of a good idea...lol
(I even have a free space on one of my wrists!)

Jennifer  

Dollface-1981
on 3/21/11 11:23 pm - Newmarket, Canada
we have done a few medical alert tattoos.. and they always come out good.  I thought about it.. but unfortunately my arms are too full lol

Find me on facebook here:  
http://www.facebook.com/DollFace81

Sirene
on 3/22/11 1:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
really?

do you have pics of them that you can share?

Jennifer  

Most Active