O.T. Another death at Ottawa Hospital Complications from WLS

sam1am
on 4/5/10 12:51 pm
I am certainly saddened to hear that this poor women has died.

I really look forward to finding out the facts on what happened, because the numbers really are getting pretty scary.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

birdiegirl
on 4/5/10 11:35 pm
I dont see anything here other then anecdotal "evidence" and rumours...questions are good...but find out the facts...not conjecture...

cindyloubear
on 4/6/10 10:21 am, edited 4/6/10 10:22 am - Gloucester, Canada
I'm very sorry to hear about another death.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

I'm trying to stay neutral on the good surgeon / bad surgeon thing.  I see both sides, but after posting some negative things in the past I do see that people don't have any other options right now and I have to wonder how productive it is to scare them. 

I do see that it is important to know what is going on and to ask questions.  All I can say is ask questions and fight for the best care you can get.  If that means staying in Ottawa, going to Southern Ontario or going to the US, do what you need to do! It's your life. 
mommy-of-two-boys
on 4/6/10 12:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thank you very much for that  Thank you for recognizing that there are not as many options for us going through this process now. I am asking many questions and receiving answers that I feel very comfortable with in Ottawa.

Hugs
Jenny
Ruth E H.
on 4/7/10 6:07 am - Renfrew, Canada
There are options..............self pay if you don't feel comfortable..............I did.  Got what I wanted and who I wanted to do it!

debralight
on 6/27/10 3:44 am - Canada
Personally I'd like to get more information before i start to speculate.

Though saying that, I hear a lot more about issues at Ottawa than other hospitals that are doing the surgery. I'm not dissing a doctor or the Ottawa program but I do go on the theory that where there is smoke there could be fire.... Asking questions to my mind is in order.

It would be really nice to see some reliable statistics about the various types of weight loss surgery. Most quote a number or two and don't provide the background information to put the numbers into context.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Most Active