Now a certified member of the Royal Order of Sleeve Sisters...

milauran
on 11/14/09 3:03 am - Ottawa, Canada

bestowed by Dr Pop himself no less!

Just checking in the Marriot Eaglecrest (at $50 per night through Priceline thanks to all the wonderful advice I got from many of you)

Thanks to Jennie for keeping my OH friends updated. And thanks for all your well wishes and support, it really does help knowing there are many caring people out there who know exactly what you are going through.

I'm doing really well all things considered. Don't have any gas pains so far (she knocks on wood). I'm limited on what I can take for pain relief but other than when I go to get up or sit down, I don't really have any pain.

Biggest problem so far is remembering to take small sips and wait in between. Enough discomfort and I guess I'll learn to remember.

Barix was wonderful, great care and of course a great surgeon.

More to come later.

Lorraine           
 Lost before consult 50  between consult & surgery 33  since surgery 88
    HW 335  ConsultW 285   SW 252   CW 164  GW 167   Left to lose 0 (-3 below goal)

mandi2660
on 11/14/09 3:04 am - Canada
Welcome to the bench!

Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!

sam1am
on 11/14/09 3:16 am
Yay Lorraine,

I'm so happy to hear you're safely on the bench!  I hope you have a fast and easy recovery and I look forward to the many victories to come!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Lisa321
on 11/14/09 4:14 am - Barrie, Canada
Glad you're feeling ok!
  Lorie (Arpeggia) is my Angel - Thank you!

RNY - Nov. 16/09
Panni - Sept 20/12

Bolara
on 11/14/09 4:35 am - Port Hope, CANADA
This is sounding good Lorraine!  Get your rest and do remember to sip-sip-sip!  Getting dehydrated is no fun!  I stayed at the Mariot also and really loved it!  But I didn't get the $50.00/night price tag!  Good for you!  I know you'll call once you've settled back home and I look forward to it.

Welcome to the Bench Girl!

Susanna

Susanna

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.

jude G.
on 11/14/09 5:15 am - Canada
glad to hear you're doing well!! welcome to the bench, it's nice here :)
in the depth of winter, i finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.  ~albert camus.

20 lbs lost pre-op  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Katt.38
on 11/14/09 5:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
Glad to hear your on the mend.  Welcome to the bench.

Cathy

Cheryl D.
on 11/14/09 5:18 am - Toronto, Canada
Congrats Lorraine, glad to hear it went so easily for you.  I hope I'll be like you with NO PAIN, that's wonderful :)

Post lots more, we all love to hear from you.

Hugs
Cheryl
Mimitrud
on 11/14/09 5:24 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Glad that everything went ok and you are on the mend!

Michelle    6' 1"

itsmytimenow is my 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                              

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." (Jim Rohn)            
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 11/14/09 6:28 am - Canada

Welcome to the bench girly!

So glad you are doing so great..... I think it was because you were so prepared! Beyond prepared - lol

So happy to read your update- take it slow and hope everything is smooth sailing for ya !

big hugs
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Most Active