Protein Shakes and Checked Luggage

Lindsey G.
on 9/17/09 1:10 pm - Hepworth , Canada

I'm heading south in 7 days!!  Can't wait.  I won't feel like a beach whale for the first time on a southern trip.  It is our 15th wedding anniversary!

I'm done to 170 lbs from 273lbs in just over 6 months!!  Got a size 14 bathing suit, and can wear size 12 capris!!  Last summer I was wearing size 26 capris.

I planning on taking pre made protein shakes with me that I will buy at GNC and packing them in my checked luggage.  Has anyone done this?  

I just want to have the shakes with me.  I feel that I wouldn't get all my required protein in by just my food intake. I still have a shake everyday at home.

my concerns are with liquids........but I am checking them, not putting in my carry on.  And also I don't want them to break when in the air.

Any advice for travelling south is great.

Thanks, Lindsey

SURGERY FEB 25th 2009
Weight loss as of August 5th.2009.........90.5 lbs lost!! 
Weight loss as of January 10th.2010.....125lbs lost!
BMI before surgery 47
BMI now 25.1
Before surgery weight 273 lbs  size 24/26
current weight 147.8 lbs size 8/10
Miss Belody
on 9/17/09 1:46 pm - Keswick, Canada
You better check with the Airline, I used to work at Pearson Airport and I do know they have issues with certain things like that..................just to be safe! Have fun on your trip!!!
  www.missbelody.com-My Website  Current Weight 137, 13 pounds below Target

Brenda B.
on 9/17/09 2:41 pm - Gaspé, Canada
I have travelled abroad with protein and make sure you leave it in the checked baggaged. Place in a ziplock just incase. I did n't have problems at the borders.  Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Mary A.
on 9/17/09 11:04 pm
I agree check with the airlines...and I believe that you shouldn't pack them altogether...

my friend was coming back from mexico and was bringinf several small bottles of vanilla...decided to put them all together...well just think 3 bottles x 3 in (1) suitcase...can you say security alert...the plane was put on standby they were hauled into a security room...she told me she was never more embrassed or scare din here life...

BUT it may be MUCH different flying from here elsewhere.

ericaFG
on 9/17/09 11:14 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Liquids are allowed in checked luggage.  They may still screen your bag, so make sure you don't lock it.

If you're going to cuba or something like that, you probably have to bring your own.  The other option would be to buy carnation instant breakfast packages - and mix them into your milk.  They mix well without a magic bullet.

If you're going to somewhere in the US - I'd wait and buy them down there.  The pre-made shakes are WAY cheaper anyway down there.

Enjoy the vacation!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

kerr
on 9/18/09 4:32 am
I took several protein bullets in my luggage when travelling to Mexico, with connecting flight in Phoenix.  I didn't pack other premade protein shakes, but did bring a bunch of the sample packets of champion pure whey stack.  Nobody batted an eyelash. 
The carry on bag was thoroughly checked for liquids though.
        HW232/SW230/CW131/GW126 

Most Active