Dr.Bernstein diet???

DS Facts
on 1/8/09 7:13 am
I totally agree with Joyce on Weigh****chers. I think it's healthy and for anyone trying to loose weight without surgery that is what I'd recommend, in my non medical opinion.

Bev
Karen M.
on 1/9/09 1:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
I completely concur re. WW.  Sensible eating.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

RosieHawk
on 1/8/09 6:58 am - Ottawa, Canada
I forget exactly what my friend said she was paying but I know it was round$150/ wk.  I've done it twice and spent thousands I sure didn't have but that was over 3 years ago now...worked really well for me (note total sarcasim).  Would I ever recommend it to someone...nope!

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

Katie M.
on 1/8/09 7:01 am
I did it also for a few months and spent thousands of dollars and got really sick- I lost about 60 or 70 lbs but gained about 100:( and yes, they do hound you and make you feel bad when you didnt loose...I dont think they believe in stalls lol

KaTiE m  
Karen M. is my beautiful Angel! Thanks Karen!                                     
HW 312/CW 176 /GW 145  31 lbs to my Goal Weight 

photomom
on 1/8/09 7:14 am - Canada
I was also on it for a few months... i lost quite a bit and then as soon as i went off it i gained it all back plus more.

It is true that even if you dont cheat, if they see something in your urine (aka you arent in ketosis) they get angry at you for not sticking with the program.

You get this cookbook and the recipes in it are ridiculous and you find yourself eating the most ridiculous things. That veal chili was pretty freaking gross...adding sugar twin to it? eek *shiver*

never again!!!! and yes it cost me thousands of dollars. I truly thought it was the answer but no... its a 700 calorie a day diet on a full sized stomach. I felt starved contantly and being in ketosis does not feel good.

Wendy

HW: 264 SW: 243 CW:122 GW:161
RosieHawk
on 1/8/09 7:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
On January 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM Pacific Time, photomom wrote:
I was also on it for a few months... i lost quite a bit and then as soon as i went off it i gained it all back plus more.

It is true that even if you dont cheat, if they see something in your urine (aka you arent in ketosis) they get angry at you for not sticking with the program.

You get this cookbook and the recipes in it are ridiculous and you find yourself eating the most ridiculous things. That veal chili was pretty freaking gross...adding sugar twin to it? eek *shiver*

never again!!!! and yes it cost me thousands of dollars. I truly thought it was the answer but no... its a 700 calorie a day diet on a full sized stomach. I felt starved contantly and being in ketosis does not feel good.

LOL anyone interested in having a Bernstein cheesecake...melba toast with ultra low fat cream cheese and sugar free jello spread on it.  Oh those were the days...thank god I'm done with that ****e LOL!

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 9:58 am
Ya ya , now I eat two slices of real cheese cake and wake up 2lbs lighter.

On a slightly positive note, I do have a good friend who has done this and has lost over 100lbs.  She is pretty confident that she will keep it off.  She is super happy about this and I am thrilled for her too.

I on the other hand lost 30lbs in four weeks but stopped and gained 40lbs in five weeks.

gotta say I don't miss the presidents choice diet coke or blueberry diet drink YAK

Kel

birdiegirl
on 1/8/09 10:01 am
did you ever try their Ricotta dessert - gross gross gross!!
Karen M.
on 1/9/09 1:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
Haaa! Oh yes, I do remember that.

YUMMMM.....

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 7:19 am - Ontario, Canada, Canada
Thanks everyone...I figured this to be the case but as I have never done the program or known anyone who has, I didn't want to tell her either way! She is not heavy enough to need WLS but I wouldn't want to see her go on it and then gain back more then she lost!! I have done that with so many diets like this and don't want to see anyone else do it! Thank you everyone-I knew this would be a great place to ask!
Most Active