I'm lost - 7 weeks out, what should I be eating?

Donna L.
on 12/2/16 10:09 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

As you reintroduce foods, it's best to do one food at a time to determine intolerance, too.  So things like casseroles are tricky because if they upset the sleeve, you may not know which item is doing it.  However, if you have tolerated stuff well so far it may not be an issue :)

Greek yogurt was a nice break for me from the cottage cheese - I used full fat.  I also ate a lot of ricotta bakes and started ground meat at 6-7 weeks.  Harvey is a weird sleeve and I could not tolerate chicken for months but beef was fine.  Red meat is usually restarted last because its the hardest to digest for anyone (never mind us).

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

DiTrying
on 12/2/16 7:17 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you. That is very helpful! Much appreciated. 

pammieanne
on 12/8/16 1:27 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I did great with beef... at 6.5 months, I'm still finding it hard to eat chicken breast... I think it's all up to your own tummy, really. The 'ground' meats are supposed to be harder on the stomach because they are from the tougher cuts of meat, but I've also done OK with those as well.

Just throwing that out there... beef is my love 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

missc_26
on 12/5/16 12:43 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi there

I'm just on 8 weeks out and I agree with those saying try one thing at a time so you can easily pin point if something gives you trouble. For me I can't have baked salmon (but can have small bits of smoked salmon) or tomato based foods.

I usually have light/wafer bread called kruskits which are low carb but have fibre (you will have something similar in your country no doubt) and a bit of avocado with tuna or smoked salmon for lunch.  I started trying different meats or steamed fish, keeping it plain but including things like grated zucchini (courgette), well cooked carrot or brocolli and using things like a light gravy or light cheese sauce with fish to keep things moist. That's the main thing, keep things soft and moist and chew, chew, chew your dense protein. You can usually make small containers so you have go to food to heat up.

Hope this helps :) All the best and if you come up with any fab recipes or ideas please share them.

C

Most Active