15 months Post op RNY meal plans

mymessenger007
on 4/8/16 5:53 am
RNY on 01/05/15

What is everyone eating about a year post op.  How many meals do you eat a day and how many ounces per meal?  I am 15 months post op RNY and I find myself craving bad foods and I am hungry in between meals. I am eating 5 to 6 ounces per meal 4 to 5 times a day.  I am also very active.  I am getting in about 1200 calories right now a day.  I had RNY 1/5/2015. SW 261.3.  CW 117lbs. Height is 5.375 inches.

SoulLips
on 5/2/16 9:34 pm - Cloverdale, CA

I wish I could help you.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who hasn't been careful enough with monitoring post-op intake and I'm slowly gaining and gaining (thus my reason for returning to OH and reading on the diet and nutrition forum).  I know that current problem is eating too many carbs/processed foods.  They cause my blood sugar to spike and then when it falls, I'm ravenous and eat more calories than I need.  Does your surgeon's office offer any follow up support?  Mine did... until I changed insurance.  The staff at my surgeon's office were all wonderful.  I'm now a member of Kaiser.  I tried seeing a nutritionist about a year ago to help get back on track.  I didn't trust her advice.  She told me I should eat 800-900 calories a day for the rest of my life.  She also scolded me for eating baby carrots and snap peas as a snack, but said it was perfectly fine to eat 3 cheese sticks in one sitting!  Needless to say, I'm not going back to that nutritionist!  -Tina

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Most Active