Need Protein Ideas

melziegurl
on 2/23/16 12:11 am

I can't stand protein shakes and I can't afford Isopure. I'm 5 years out from my gastric bypass and I've lost my brain. I don't remember a thing of what I was taught. I'm on a mechanical soft diet because I'm having a tough time digesting. I even had an EGD done yesterday and it was normal, but they recommended that I stay on a mechanical soft diet. Go figure! So I need ideas of what to make for soft food that are tasty. All I can wrap my head around are refried beans w/green chili and cheese, cottage cheese, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, cheese sticks, and pasta w/milk and butter and spices (my Mom calls them Butter Noodles- I won't make a habit out of them, but since I lost too much weight, they won't kill me.)

Any idea'ers?  I'd sure welcome them!!

melziegurl - Current weight- 117

Roux-en-Y 11/4/10-  290

Panniculectomy & Breast Reduction- 1/16/12

Arm & Thigh Skin Removal- 3/20/12

"Always look up and ahead, never look down and behind."

bac527
on 2/23/16 10:39 am

Have you tried the site "Eggface" has? (theworldaccordingtoeggface.com) She has many great recipes and ideas for all stages of diets. Good luck

N. Murphey
on 2/26/16 1:05 am

The great thing about protein powder is that you DON'T have to drink it! ADD IT to you foods for a quick protein boost! it's hideous stuff but you can add it to everything you eat. Add it to milk, spaghetti sauce, mashed potatoes, any and everything you'd like!

melziegurl
on 3/1/16 4:19 am

I've found out the issue needs to be corrected with surgery.  So, I'm starting over at square 1. The entrance going into my pouch is kinked. No wonder I've felt like I've been fighting a losing battle. I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 11th. Jeez! I wonder- is it possible to go from a bypass to a sleeve? I'm so tired of this. Plus I'm arthritic and it would be nice to be able to take some Nsaids.

melziegurl - Current weight- 115½

Roux-en-Y 11/4/10-  290

Panniculectomy & Breast Reduction- 1/16/12

Arm & Thigh Skin Removal- 3/20/12

"Always look up and ahead, never look down and behind."

feistyemm
on 3/8/16 11:33 am, edited 3/8/16 3:53 am - Westchester, NY

From what I read, you cannot use Nsaids with the sleeve either. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of things you can have with the RNY that you can't have with the sleeve. Here is a link to see what you can have with what surgery:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/medications-after-bar iatric-surgery-wls.html

I also have arthritis and hate that I can't take Nsaids. But knowing that before would not have stopped me at 330 lbs. In terms of doing the sleeve after the RNY -- What I just read by a doctor said that he has done 5 reversals and that they were successful. I didn't read up on doing the sleeve after, but I did see that there are more things you can't have. Maybe with what you've been doing in your surgery will fix the problem and you won't have to reverse the RNY. Best of luck!

This is my 4th edit. lol   About protein: The only shake I love, and it has 30 grams of protein, 160 calories and I think 1 gram of sugar -- premade -- is Premier Protein. Everyone in my family drinks them now. The chocolate, very cold, is delicious. Read the reviews on this site. Other than one person who got the bottled version, everyone seems to love it. Just give it a try. It couldn't hurt!

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Most Active