unwanted weight gain and having severe time trying to lose. HELP!

beersforever
on 1/16/16 8:29 am - vancouver, wa
WLS on 06/10/13

Hello all, it's been quiet awhile since I was an active member of obesity help.com. Here's my issue. I was 125lb. for years after my surgery (which was about 4 years ago.), I recently had to have my gallbladder taken out due to that face that if I didnt it may have ruptured. Anyways, soon there after, I began to gain weight rather quickly. even though I was eating just the same as before.  Doctors cant explain why, although when I researched it, I found that the gallbladder was the organ than block fat. I went on ALLI, per my dr.'s choice, and it may helped me lose about 5lbs. I am 145, and am down an out as ever. What type of diet would be best suited for me to get my metabolism going and get these damn pounds off???? I need advice. I am determined now. I cant keep putting a diet on hold. I need, and want, to be 125 again. Even 130 would make me happy. I was thinking no carbs, no sugar, lots of protein, non fat milk for protein shakes, and plenty of water. Is that a good start? 

Hope anyone can give me ideas or atleast motivation.

Thanks for reading this,

Angelic

Brandi Girl
on 1/17/16 10:45 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Sorry to hear about your surgery and weight gain.  While I can't relate to a gain due to medical reasons (mine) is due to my own poor eating habits!  I can say that your plan for giving up carbs and sugar is a great idea! You may also want to check into the 5 day pouch test as well.  If your surgery was very recent I would really try to get in the protein as it also promotes healing.  Good for you for being determined to get the weight off again before it is much worse!  Best of luck

Gwen M.
on 1/29/16 3:28 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

First off, start tracking every single thing you put into your mouth with something like my fitness pal.  From there, work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be a little different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CathyWray
on 1/30/16 6:45 am - Madison, TN

First of all don't freak and don't allow yourself to get on that hamster wheel that only helped to get us fat.  You had surgery and I'm not sure how long ago.  Gwen is giving you the best advise.  I suggest you do overeaters anonymous and for me I love oa online - I'm not a go to meeting sort of person.  It is all about the insanity of compulsive overeating.  For me getting calm allows me to make better choices.  I haven't had the weight gain but have been slow to to get the last ten pounds off.  And for me, it is more emotional.  I had to give myself permission to lose every darn pound.  That's just the way it is for me and now I accept that.  Maybe analyze if you felt really comfortable at 125 or if there are some unresolved feelings around that weight. I hope that helps.

BRENDA E.
on 2/4/16 6:38 pm - MERIDIAN, MS

I KNOW THIS WORKED FOR ME, I HAD G-BYPASS 11 YEARS AGO, I'VE GONE THRU SOME SITUATIONS SINCE THEN, I GAINED ROUGHLY 20 LBS. I WENT ON WEIGH****CHERS AND LOST 25 LBS. I KNOW IT DOES WORK, I WENT TO MEETINGS BUT AFTER YOU GET THE DETAILS OF IT (AND ONE OF THE POINT COUNTERS) IT'S PRETTY EASY, ACTUALLY I'M BACK ON IT. 3 YRS AGO I LOST MY ONE & ONLY BEST FRIEND, 2 YRS AGO I LOST MY SISTER AND FOR A WHILE I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING, SO I'M FINALLY COMING OUT OF THE FOG AND WORKING ON GETIG OFF THE 14 LBS I GAINED BACK. I AM 63, AND I'M NOT ADVERTISING FOR WW I JUST KNOW IT WORKED FOR ME, YOU CAN GOOGLE A LOT ABOUT IT! GOOD LUCK!!!

Most Active