What vitamins/vitamin regimen do you take?

dehh_68
on 12/1/15 10:36 am

I'm am a roux en-y post-oper of 9 years.  I've been very successful at keeping my weight at/near my goal weight.  My recent struggle has been with vitamins.  I struggle to take them on a daily basis since I take a few other rx meds for stomach and depression issues (the combo creates nausea, vomiting).  I've never had a deficiency problem until recently, so of course, I'm concerned.  And of crouse, expense is an issue so I'm looking for a variety of brands/products. 

SDenae
on 12/1/15 7:52 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

A lot of people on the general discussion boards have been touting the vitamin patches from PatchMD, maybe that's an option you could try? It would depend on what your deficiency is in, though. My nut shot down the patches for me because the multi is not a complete multivitamin (it doesn't have all of the minerals, she said.)

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

dehh_68
on 12/2/15 8:08 am

I just saw as as for those.  Interesting option.  It's hard to swallow and have space in my stomach for all of the pills. Lol. Once I get my labs back, I will figure out what I need. 

Thanks for for the reply.  Good info!

Catek2652
on 12/6/15 4:18 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

I've had RnY and am wondering if there is a point when we can actually swallow pills again? The meds I'm taking for depression, suppress gall stones, Tramodol, and Tylenol taste very nasty ground up in water.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

dehh_68
on 12/6/15 8:24 pm

Yep...eventually our stomachs tolerate pills better.  But I have found that I have to space pils out over the course of the entire day.  And some pills just make my stomach feel icky.  That is my struggle at the moment...trying to find a schedule/plan/routine that works for me.  

Best set wishes for your weight loss journey...it's SO worth it!

diane

Dyann
on 1/26/16 7:22 pm - Grapevine, TX

I am 12 years out and still have to cut my pills into pieces. I have been told that I cannot crush my pain meds, but that is what my pain management doctor says.  

Most Active