Reheating foods

shondee
on 9/27/15 8:57 pm

I have had lapband for 5 years and have not been able to eat leftovers and warm them up. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and do u have any suggestions.Thanks 

Donna L.
on 10/3/15 5:14 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Since surgery some leftovers give me issues after 3-4 days. I just freeze them now, portioned, and I haven't had trouble since I started doing that.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

JB1114
on 10/22/15 8:34 am - Grain Valley, MO

I had RNY in 2008 and leftovers are a problem for me. Before surgery I didn't really like leftovers but I could eat them. Now, I just can't eat some things. Chicken reheated is repulsive. I thought it was microwaving that changed the taste, but I've tried warming on top of the stove and reheating in the oven. Beef is usually okay. Reheated veggies also taste nasty. Chili tastes fine reheated.

Fortunately, my husband likes leftovers.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active