PB2 and JIF powdered peanut butter?

katladee
on 8/20/15 3:46 pm

Hi!  Newbie here.  I read so much on forums about PB2.  Is this the same thing as the JIF powdered PB?  I am trying to stock my cupboard with items I will need pre/post OP.  I have read about many people mixing this with their protein shakes, yogurt, etc.  Also, can anyone recommend protein bars that they have found taste the best?  Thanks!  Best wishes on all our journeys!

Bonroxie19
on 8/20/15 8:05 pm

hi there,

pb2 is a different product then the jig powder.  it is very tasty.

quest bar is an excellent bar... 20 grams of protein, 5 carbs 180 cals, and 17 grams of fiber.  they have a ton of flavors.  my fav is the pb and strawberry jelly,

i like a iced tea protein drink by nectar... 24 grams of protein.  

on the website syntax you can get many samples very cheap.. by single packets till you find a flavor you like.

good luck on the surgery.  GBP is the best thing i ever did for myself.

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

katladee
on 8/21/15 5:29 am

Thanks for the info!

Eggface
on 8/21/15 3:55 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Don't buy anything like that right now... you won't need them for quite awhile... 8 weeks generally for solid food and even then bars are usually quite a bit down the road. They would be bricks ;) 

Essentially powdered peanut butter is defatted peanut butter (80-90% of the fat is removed) so you are left with a peanut flour (corn starch-ish consistency) and yep a nice addition to shakes, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Watch additives... I have not looked at the stats of Jif but I'd venture to guess they add sugar... I prefer Chike PB flavor wise (very good quality nuts I think) or PB2... anyway they are both online, PB2 I have seen in Costco from time to time too.

Trust me though don't buy too much... you truly are eating tablespoons for awhile... broth in a box, make some homemade and freeze in ice cube trays, water, a good whey isolate protein... I love the new Celebrate Vitamins Protein 20 line. Hope this helps a bit :)

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. You are welcome to check out my blog link in signature and on profile page for some post op tips and recipes, etc. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

katladee
on 8/21/15 5:30 am

Appreciate the tips!  Thank you!

Most Active