Why no salads for three months?!?!?!?

Kimberly Y.
on 7/15/15 9:12 am

I am six weeks post-op.  Why can't I have salads?

Kimberly Y.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/15 12:52 am - Pompano Beach, FL

Which operation have you undergone ??

Kimberly Y.
on 7/16/15 6:43 am

I had the sleeve.

Kimberly Y.

Nancy
on 7/27/15 1:56 pm - Kasson, MN

Salads are harder on you system right out of surgery......  You mostly stay on a softer diet regimen until u heal up some, cause you do t want to u do what the doctor has done or irritate it.   When u do start eating salad stuff just eat little bites, see how u tolerate it!   There are still a lot of things I can not eat ten years out!

RHBryan
on 8/15/15 9:41 pm - Atlanta, GA

Kim I was actually looking forward to having a big salad. After my 6 week post-op appointment with PA and nutritionist, she gave me the green light. As I was walking out, she reminded me to call her after my lunch. I should have known something was up, so off to lunch I went. Salad wasn't a good friend of my new tummy! 

Love yourself for the journey that you've been on, respect your new tummy and introduce salad to it gently. I'm 4 years out and  celery, onion, bell peppers still aren't my friend. I"ll wait a couple of months and test those items above. As of today, my tummy still doesn't like them. I can tolerate a few onions or bell peppers in an entree but my "friend" doesn't appreciate it. I truly don't miss them, too many other herbs and veggies out there to enjoy.

Most Active