VEGGIES--IMPORTANCE?

psren13
on 7/2/15 5:11 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I am 4 months out as of yesterday.  Don't really  have any problems with foods except..... I am doing good on high p;rotein and low carbs.  I try to get about 2 or 2.5oz of dense protein.,  I know we are supposed to get in low carb veggies too.  How important is it to get in the veggies if I am just full enough and not going to pu**** to the limit?  I do have 2 fiber gummies along with vitamins each day.

Queen JB
on 7/4/15 11:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Vitamin supplements are never as good as the real thing. After I was banded I definitely felt the same way, but after a stern talking to from my NUT, I figured out how to start getting creative and get veggies into recipes. I am 6 years out and I still can't eat a salad comfortably, but I do make sure to cook veggies into casseroles, add them into egg omelettes, throw a handful of Kale into a chocolate protein smoothie, etc. Your doctor may have different advice, but mine was pretty adament about making them a priority.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/15 11:33 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
If you want to stick to low carb then ating salads including cucumber, tomatoes, spianch will really work, as they are low in carb and helps to maintain weight.
SkinnyScientist
on 7/13/15 10:42 am

Veggies help with satisfaction (when cooked into meals) wihtout adding calories.

Veggies can also help with snack addictions/desires. For examples, popping cherry tomatoes into your mouth does less damage to the waistline than nuts, crackers or chips.

Veggies have fiber which help you poop and be regular.

My hubby doesnt like veggies per say either..so here is how I hid them.

Make caulflower crusts for egg/breakfast bakes (he gets veggies first thing in the morning).

Substituting zoodles for pasta.

Hummus/tzakkit wiht red peppers or cucumbers.

Cherry tomatoes straight...just because they are that good.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active