11 months ---HELP with cravings

kjewell
on 5/29/15 7:52 am

I am really trying hard to focus on protein.  The evenings are the toughest.  If I don't keep myself busy I just sit and think of food.  I find myself snacking on Skinny Cow bars instead of grabbing veggies or a protein option.

White Dove
on 5/27/15 5:32 am, edited 5/27/15 5:33 am - Warren, OH

I deal with my chocolate cravings by eating chocolate.  There are thousands of low calorie, sugar-free recipes using cocoa, sugar-free syrups, and healthy ingredients.  I make sugar-free fudge, brownies, cookies, cakes and muffins.

I count the calories in those treats and eat them instead of a meal or snack.  The taste is not the same as full sugar and it costs more but I found it very worthwhile to just have things that satisfy my cravings.  Have you tried the Chocolate Brownie Quest bars?  I heat one in the microwave for 10 seconds and it gets soft and gooey.

If you can tolerate sugar alcohols, there are some delicious Atkins bars that taste like Snickers or Almond Joy candy.

There is a site called Maine Cottage Foods that sells sugar-free chocolate that does give me sugar alcohol problems.  I love their milk chocolate crunch bars.  They also have a great mint bar that is like a peppermint patty taste and a chocolate cherry bar and many other flavors.

I use chocolate protein shakes to make chocolate ice cream. 

I did not try to change the things that I love. 

I make the things that I love good for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kjewell
on 5/28/15 6:04 pm

You have provided me the excellent ideas.  I thank youuuuu do much.  I would love your recipes for sugar free cakes, cookies and fudge.  

How long did it take you too reach your goal? 

Kim

White Dove
on 5/29/15 7:41 am - Warren, OH

Start by ordering a bag of Whey Low powder sugar substitute.   For chocolate fudge, use this recipe but use the Whey Low powdered sugar instead of real powdered sugar.  Instead of Eagle Brand condensed milk, get a can of Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk and mix a half cup of the powdered sugar substitute with the evaporated skim milk.

One secret to this fudge is to not stir too much and to use a candy thermometer to be sure it is at 234 degrees for the soft ball stage, but I do the ice water test.  It took me time to get things right.  I have used many other substitutes and found Whey Low to be the best out there.

If you can't wait for the Whey Low to arrive, you can put Splenda into the blender and blend it down to powder sugar consistency.  I honestly can't remember if the Splenda will get to the soft ball stage but it will still make a good tasting fudge.

I just find recipes for what I want and then substitute healthier ingredients.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active