Stomach cramps n such

Butterfly18120
on 3/5/15 10:47 am
RNY on 07/11/14

i am 8 mo post rny and lost over 90lbs. So far everything has been great and still is except for two things. 1. Its stii tough to eat solid foods, a bit uncomfortable and painful going down ( yep, i eat small bites and slow) 2. I am being seen now for pissible IBS, wow let me tell ya ouhweee!!! All the tests have been done and everything is fine. BTW, I also cant eat or drink anything dairy either...

i would have the surgery a millions times over despite these issues and the early issues i dealt with and survived 😊

Question is has anyone been dealing with or have dealt with either issue and what has worked for you?

Eggface
on 3/7/15 11:47 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

The dairy thing is I don't want to say common but lets just say A LOT of people become lactose intolerant at least for a time after surgery. I have issues with liquid milk but thankfully cheese, yogurt are fine. Try soy milk or lactaid milk or almond, etc. 

You shouldn't have the uncomfortable or painful feeling eating you are having. Have you been checked for ulcers or strictures? Those are 2 potential post-op complications that while easily resolved can give people quite a time before. If you haven't been checked for those have your surgeon rule those out. 

Hope you are feeling 100% soon,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active