Back for some love and to get back on track! 5 years out, I'm back!

aloha_karen
on 2/24/15 4:27 pm - HI

Hey everyone, I got my vsg in 2010 and lost all my weight fro. 201 down to 123 in 6 months. I LOVED how I felt and looked it was a miracle for me. I got too skinny,,, crazy thought huh??? So my regular PCP encouraged me to gain a little back, this is where my gradual slip began. I stopped following our recommended diet and started to graze a bit to add a few pounds... I did... Now 5 years out I'm up 30 pounds I don't want... I'm back here because of so many amazing inspirational people and the feeling of not being alone. Im back on the right track, protein firs****er and eliminating carbs, but I tell you it's hard... I forget a lot of what o learned as a newbie and I'm beating myself up for gaining so much weight back... Any advice or heartfelt encouragement would be really appreciated, I need a hug.... :( thanks everyone! 

TexasTC
on 3/1/15 4:00 am

hi. so glad you posted i am in the same boat. feeling alone and confused having a hard time to get regrouped and wanting to reconnect. so hugs!!

TexasTC
on 3/1/15 4:12 am

hi. so glad you posted i am in the same boat. feeling alone and confused having a hard time to get regrouped and wanting to reconnect. so hugs!!

AML1969
on 3/2/15 10:29 am

Hi I'm in the same boat, where should we start?

aloha_karen
on 3/2/15 10:40 am - HI

I'm so glad to hear from you guys!!! Whew... We are not alone! Ok, I have an idea that I would love to share! I have gone and consulted with the diet MD here in Honolulu, it's costing me 1200.00 bucks but if I can get back on track and help you guys as well I'm all over it! Would you two *****sponded to me like to "team up" and support each other to get back on track??? If so personal message me and I will tell you what I'm doing, maybe we can be a support team and all three of us get back where we want to be! I'm just so happy to not be the only one facing this problem!!! Hang in there together we can beat this!!! Aloha! Karen 

diglove
on 3/2/15 1:19 pm

I have regained over 50 lbs and I want to lose at least half of it before the summer. May I join you all in this endeavor? 

sanantoniorose1960
on 3/6/15 12:07 am, edited 3/6/15 12:22 am - Austin, TX

The prodigal daughter has returned too. I have regained 20 pounds from my lowest (142). I need support to re-lose. I live with my mother who is morbidly obese and keeps wanting to feed me because Im not eating as she says. Last year I bought all new clothes because I was looking like a ragamuffin (I was in denial about my weight lost - I still saw myself as fat), but now I have to lose the weight because I cant afford to buy new clothes and my body is aching and the mental fog is back, as it was before the VSG. Please I may I join also.

maggielou
on 3/9/15 12:51 pm

I have gained 40lbs in the last 2 yrs..I am 5.5 yrs out.  I am starting to get depressed and hate the way I look...please help

anewme10
on 6/16/15 6:07 pm - Little Hocking, OH

I am in the same boat. 

I would love to team up as well if you wouldn't mind.

I am almost 5 years out and today is he first day back on here in almost 4 years. 

Debbie K...aka... ANEWME10    
aloha_karen
on 3/2/15 3:30 pm - HI

Hey "team", my name is Karen by the way, I'd love to learn your names. I'm a licensed clinical psychologist, board certified in pediatric neuropsychology actually. Ok, so I went for my first appt with the diet MD in Hawaii, (google him) he goes by diet MD but his name is Dr. Katsura. So here's what he did for me at the first appointment, (it was last Monday), he told me to immediately change my eating, we are supposed to go back to protein first. He explained that our body uses carbohydrates first because they are the easiest form of energy for our body to process. As we gain back weight and it stores as fat if we keep eating carbs (totally guilty) then our body uses that energy first and doesn't need to use the stored fat, hence why we are not losing weight anymore. So he has made me drop all carbs and sugars and fruits and even many vegies right now. Here what I can eat, and what has been working for me, deli (not packaged) ham, turkey and chicken, pork chops, steak, chicken, grilled, baked but not breaded (carb) and no barbeque sauces or anything high in carbs or with sugar. We can also eat fish and seafood, eggs, cheese, tofu, low carb dairy products like greek yogurt, and low carb protein drinks, he recommended isopure, so I went and bought them as well as the bars, not too bad.  Also we can eat leafy veggies right now, but limit these to lettuce, celery, spinach, cabbage, dill pickles, chicken broth,beef broth, miracle noodles (miraclenoodle.com) and sugar free jello. He also gave me a B12 shot in my arm, he said anyone's physician will do this.. He said drink a gallon of water a day... no more soda unless it's diet or zero. So I have been waking up and drinking a coffee, with sweet and low and 1/2 ad 1/2 cream, then an isopure protein shake (bought at GNC) as I drive in to work, for a snack I have a string cheese and a slice of deli ham, then for lunch a few pieces of celery, 2 slices of deli ham or turkey, and a piece of cheese and water, lots of water. Dinner, we bake some chicken or grill a steak and have a green salad with a carb and sugar free dressing, then a few pickles. I've been on it a week and I have lost 5 pounds, my husband has lost 9 pounds. Not too bad. The most amazing thing is my cravings have all gone away, I was a huge grazer... my tummy is so small so I always had a few crackers, cookies etc, you know the drill and I would crave, crave, crave... now the cravings have all gone and I feel clear headed and back in the game. So, start there, do what I just said and let's plan to check in daily with progress for each other and support??? Is there a way we can do this on our own thread or should we keep it public to help as many as possible. I know I really was feeling badly about myself again... I do not want to go back to where I was.... that's for sure. Good night and good luck my friends, keep us posted!!!

Most Active