Protein supplement samples?

Coalea
on 2/19/15 10:34 am

I have about 2 months before my surgery and would like to experiment with different protein supplements to find out what I like, but everything I've seen so far comes in huge quantities. Does anyone know if you can get samples or smaller size packages? Ideally, I would love a multi-pack with several different flavors to try. Many thanks!

Susan_Rae_62
on 2/21/15 8:55 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Isn't that the truth!  I'm trying to find one I can tolerate and hate spending $20-$40 each time.  Even if I do find some I like, I'd prefer variety rather than emptying a huge bucket of one flavor. I searched online for samples, thinking perhaps I could find some if I went directly to the manufacturers' websites.  I found none.

singdoremi
on 2/22/15 1:15 am - NJ

Try mybariatricpantry.com  They have several different sample packs you can buy including coffee drinks. Good luck!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

dkorb01
on 2/26/15 4:33 am
DS on 05/22/15

If you like the taste of Yoo-hoo, I highly recommend  chocolate Premier Protein shakes...My wife gets them for me at BJ's 12 to a case.

Doingrightin2015
on 2/27/15 6:32 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I have not tried them yet. I have not had surgery yet. But my daughter has not had surgery but using adipex with diet and exercise likes to use protein drinks at times but said that she has gotten to where she can't stand the Whey protein that she use to mix. I told her about the Premier shakes...she bought a 4 pack and loved them. So, she went to Sam's and bought her a 12 pack the other day. She said they are very tasty. I am currently working on day 5 of my 2 week pre-op diet...which does not include anything like this. But once thru surgery and off the clear liquid stage I will be getting me some of these shakes too.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

JB1114
on 3/1/15 11:55 pm - Grain Valley, MO

One thing to remember is what you like now you may not like after surgery.  Your tastes can change drastically after surgery.  After 6 1/2 years I'm finally able to eat an egg.  Before RNY loved omelets but since surgery haven't been able to eat them. 

Personally, I've not found a RTD I like, but some patients use them all the time.  I love Syntrax brand and I get it from Netrition.com.  They have a sample pack of 12 flavors plus their shipping costs are capped at $4.95.

I add a scoop of protein powder to 25 calorie Swiss Miss.  You will want to mix the powder in a little water to get it smooth before adding ho****er to the mix.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

JayC
on 3/3/15 2:06 am - Alexandria, VA

I use the ISOPURE Zero Carb shakes. They come in a lot of flavors, and size containers. I've found the best prices at www.advantagesupplements.com  You get zero carbs and 50 grams of protien. Nutritional information is easily available on the web. I like the chocolate flavor and make it with milk instead of water. MUCH better.

krisbrick
on 3/13/15 2:49 am

I just checked out Bariatric pantry and they have some great sample packs, thank you!

Pre surgery weight 268lb, lowest weight 185lb current weight 204lb. Trying to get back on track! 

jas84047
on 3/13/15 6:30 pm - Midvale, UT
VSG on 07/01/15

I found another forum/site that had a list of samples you can request and after emailing them I have a ton! Most were so wonderful about sending samples. This was a great find:
http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/261167-list-of-bariatric-nutritional-companies-offering-free-samples/

Most Active