30 Day Liquid Diet

gwendolynf_h
on 2/5/15 7:53 pm

Yesterday I started a liquid diet and want to do it for 30 days. I am 7 years post op, RNY gastric bypass. Soup contains alot of sodium and I am trying not to ingest alot of sugar either. Can any veterans suggest something satisfying that will fit the criteria please???

Gwen M.
on 2/5/15 8:47 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Why did you start a liquid diet?  Unless it's medically mandated it's no different than any other fad diet. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

gwendolynf_h
on 2/6/15 2:48 am

How is it a fad diet? I am not drinking any crazy concoctions or anything like that. I am focusing on getting in my proteins, drinking water etc. 

Gwen M.
on 2/6/15 3:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Because it's not a sustainable lifestyle. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/6/15 9:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

R U having stomach problems?, or are you trying to jump start your diet? Going back to all liquids again may not give you the results you're looking for, & all liquids? Yuck! I was so glad to get past that stage. Do you track your foods? Soup does have a lot of salt & you'll probably retain water.

If you're trying to jump start your diet try tracking your food for awhile & see where the excess calories are coming from, maybe too many carbs? Get back to the protein forward diet, all liquids is so not satisfying at all.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Susan_Rae_62
on 2/12/15 4:47 am
RNY on 02/09/15

You're right; most store-bought soups are ridiculously high in sodium, as are pre-packaged, microwavable frozen meals.

I want to start by saying I'm new to this forum and also only 3-days post RNY.  I'm not trying to pretend I'm an expert here.  :-)

My husband uses a Nutri Bullet.  He loves it.  I haven't gotten past some of the texture issues.  Also, most recipes include mixing fruits with vegetables, nuts, green, etc.  the end result of an all-fruit recipe is often high sugar and high calorie.  If those factors are an issue for you consider adjusting your recipe.  Most recipes recommend a lot of kale as the base.  Also I like kale, I'm not a fan of mixing it with fruits.  I also have difficult drinking something GREEN in color.  While I love green salads, pulverized salads into liquid for are just....ew.  So, I will still used the Nutri Bullet, but in smaller doses.  I use fresh fruits as well as frozen fruits which I can purchase reasonable at Sam's Club.  Sometimes, after I've reached the desired consistency, I'll add ice and hit the button once more.  I have also, on occasion, added a dab of milk, yogurt or even soy protein. 

As for SOUPS...you could certainly use the Nutri bullet to "invent" some unique soup recipes.  Basically, any soup recipe could be liquified, and will perhaps be more palatable consumed heated.  I find tomato based recipes are the easiest.  Depending on what you add to stewed or diced tomatoes you could produce a Mexican, Italian or even French style soups.  Be sure to use salt free or low salt broth and if you're using canned veggies, same goes for them.  Most canned vegetables are pretty high sodium.  Get your flavor by adding spices rather than salt--chili powder, basil, oregano, celery seed, cumin, Old Bay, ...my gosh, the possibilities are endless.    

Many people have altered their diets permanently after introducing a Nutri Bullet (or other similar blenders), so if you are looking for a diet that is sustainable, this is a change that could fit the bill.  And, it is healthy.  

David147
on 4/22/15 3:19 pm

If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds. 

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more. 

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous. 

Limiting salt and starches may also mean losing more weight at first -- but that's mostly fluids, not fat. 

Most Active