NEED HELP W/ ANY DIET OR PLAN SUGGESTIONS!! CANT SEEM TO LOSE THE LBS

LBrock1182
on 1/29/15 8:58 am - Jacksonville, FL

Hi,

I am a brand new member, just joined today.  I feel that I can get help and suggestions from people that have been there done that which is really what I need.  I got my LAP BAND procedure done a little over 2 years ago and I was 228 pre-surgery and a week after surgery I was 212.  I felt so motivated and so excited however as the months past my weight loss went from moving fast to barely moving to wait OMG going backwards. In about October or so I went in to get an "unfill" because I havent been cutting or crushing my meds and apparently I was swollen around the band area and couldnt even drink water.  Doctor said ok come back in about a week because I took a good bit out and you will be starving.  I went back in like I was told and all of a sudden my co-pay went from my reg $25 to all of a sudden my deductable had to be met and I was told that my visit that day was going to be around $480.  I freaked out, there was no way I could afford that!! I went back to my old eating habits and portions because I was starving all of the time it seemed like.  I told this story to my co-worker who suggested another doctor which I visited today and got my band filled for the first time in almost 4 months and I feel obviously restricted but all day NOT HUNGRY! ITS GREAT!! During the visit though, I was weighed in and I now weigh 193lbs..which I was about 162 prior to this and frankly that was still nowhere near my 145lbs goal. So now I feel like I am starting over and I need help! if anyone can give suggest anything at all that can help me drop the lbs!! I am taking this as my re-starting point again and want to do anything I can to help me get to my goal as I wasnt able to in two years!! Thank you so much!!

Eggface
on 1/29/15 5:36 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you in your weight loss! Glad you were able to get your fill. I'd just make the suggestion that you not focus so much on that goal # and focus on making some permanent changes... making your fridge, pantry a pretty healthy place, doing some menu planning each day, logging your food and exercise, getting your water in... the # on the scale will go where it needs to go generally when all that falls into place, so that your band is an assist to an already healthy life.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/15 12:18 am - GA

Hello and thanks for bringing your concerns to the community. First, congrats of your willingness to wanting to do something about it and asking for suggestions.  Are you doing any type of exercising? If not begin to incorporate some soon as possible. Here is one of my personal trainer article/blog I wrote " Choosing An Exercise Program----Know Thyself" with will be very helpful in determining what to look for in selecting an exercise program that's best for you not the best program that's available. If you have been working out maybe you need to adjust your exercise plan. Since you are not hungry now and hopefully eating the proper foods it maybe just tweeking a couple of things here and there. I wish you much success. Have a great day.

Most Active