How many calories at 7.5 months out RNY?

Sisterscaleback
on 1/29/15 7:17 am
RNY on 06/16/14

I am 7.5 months post op RNY. How many calories should I be eating per day. (Yes I have a nutritionist but I want to know if others concur with her assessment) 

crqvingchange
on 1/31/15 11:25 pm

My nutritionist said that I should be eating between 600-800 calories a day during the weightloss phase.  Truthfully I have found that very difficult to maintain and my calories are usually between 900-1100.  Up until recently I was working out, but I have recently had an injury, so I should try and bring my calories down because I am no longer burning any with exercise.  Hope this helps.  Check the What Are you eating threads to compare others total daily calories.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/15 1:14 am - GA

Hello and thanks for asking a great question. Hopefully you can find something on here which will help. Did you mention to the nutritionist the 6-800 calories is difficult to maintain?  If not tell them and maybe he/she has some suggestions. Also, its great you were working out, its unfortunate you had an injury. Will the injury allow you to do some upperbody or lowerbody cardio or is it where you can't do anything?  If the injury is not long term maybe you don't have to bring your calories down and can maintain at the calories you were already consuming. Again, you probably won't lose but maybe will not gain and resume to your normal exercise routine if its just a week or two you can't exercise. I wish you much success. Have a great day.

crqvingchange
on 2/1/15 2:18 am

Thanks chairacise.  I fell down the stairs and spent 2 and a half weeks in hospital.  My back has a lot of torn muscle so exercise is difficult, but I am willing to try anything as long as it doesn't interfere with the healing of my back.  I worked so hard to get fit and strong and I don't want to lose muscle as I'm convalescing.  It will probably be a while before I can get back to exercise.  I use a walker and a cane for stairs right now. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/15 5:23 am - GA

Wow, sorry to hear it. I wish you a continued speedy recovery. Yea, don't rush back although I know its frustrating since you worked so hard to get fit and strong. However, its worth it to be totally (at least 80%) healed before you come back.

Sisterscaleback
on 2/2/15 1:39 pm
RNY on 06/16/14

Wow thank you!  My nutritionist said I should be getting around 1100 calories a day but I am finding it hard to lose at this level so I was unsure if it's because I was eating too many!  It's so difficult to know the rules when everyone is told something different!

Most Active