Vegan Bypass Recipes?

XMusicJunkieX
on 1/2/15 1:05 pm - CA

Hi everyone. I had RNY in 2011 and skin removal surgery in 2013. Since then, I've gone through some very traumatic things and have eaten myself into oblivion, gaining 55 lbs. I only ver got down to 190 at 5'2 with the RNY in the first place. I'd like to finally reach my goal of 150. I'm committed again and want this to be a life change for real. Having said that, I have been vegan for 13 years and WILL NOT give it up. I need help. I need vegan bypass recipes. I don't remember the exchanges I made for a vegan diet when I first had RNY. I know a lot of the fake meat is soy based and may be high in sodium and cholesterol, but is it okay to substitute the fake meat for real meat in recipes anyway? Help! I want to do this but am already scared, discouraged, and hungry. :-/

NYMom222
on 1/16/15 10:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I know you posted this a fwe weeks ago. Maybe try posting it on a more active forum. Dr. Garth Davis, a bariatric Surgeon from Texas recommends being vegan (I think ...or vegetarian). You should look at his facebook page. I don't know how you would get enough protein in without using powders to supplement. tempeh and Seitan can be good. I would watch eating too much tofu or TVP. Tempeh is soy but it is fermented. I used to buy this vegan 'chicken' broth powder. I use to cook the tempeh in it, flake the tempeh, keep simmering until the broth disappears. So the flavor kind of adheres to it. I would cool iot and make 'chicken' salad. Seitan is good for stir frys.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active