sugar free deserts????

aimeebh27
on 12/30/14 5:06 pm

Now im not a big sweet eater but when I do have a taste for something sweet I tend to go for cookies. is it safe to make sugar free items. if so who has the best sugar free item.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/30/14 9:50 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Carefull on buying sugar free items, it's not calorie free & some of them have stuff like malitol or some other thing in it & can make you run to the bathroom, at least for me it does. I eat those 100 calorie packs, sometimes I just need the real thing, but I only have a little of it.

There are some other sweeteners like Truvia, or use agave for sweeteners, it's kind of hit or miss when baking your own items to see which works best. Try going to Frisco or the egghead person, they post what they cook & they might have some ideas on what works best.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Eggface
on 12/31/14 1:12 am - Sunny Southern, CA

LOL I am the Egghead person ;) well Eggface that made me snort laugh thanks. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/31/14 1:36 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Oops! I remembered the avatar, the eggs & bacon smiley face, just couldn't remember the site. I knew you had recipes, & Frisco always posts food that looks so good it makes me hungry whenever I look at it! LOL 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

Lemmings
on 12/31/14 12:21 pm
RNY on 11/10/14 with

I'm familiar with Eggface (great site), but have not seen reference to "Frisco" before. Please what or where is it? I need help figuring out meals. Thanks! 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/31/14 8:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Frisco is one of the guys who posts meals on this site, try pm him.

Eggface
on 12/31/14 1:17 am - Sunny Southern, CA

A lot of SF items are pretty high in carbs and fat. Cookies are hard because... white flour, sugar & butter are basically what makes a cookie a cookie and with those eliminated what you get is not quite a cookie... some would say just eat a regular cookie you are probably better off killing the craving then not but I don't go there (my choice) and make my own SF desserts. You are welcome to check out my blog link below. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Gwen M.
on 12/31/14 3:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Crappy foods are still crappy foods, even if they're sugar free.  

I opt to limit the crap to be something I eat very, very rarely instead of modifying it so that I feel it's okay to eat it more often.  I.e., I'd rather have a real cookie once a month than a sugar free cookie once a day.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/14 9:11 pm

Every time I get that craving...it's always the same thing...those darn sugar cookies with the frosting on top kill me.  They are HEAVENLY lol...anyways, I was in Wal Mart about a month ago, and I'll be darned if they didn't have them sugar free...oh boy, I opened that container on the spot and ate two.  They were GOOOOOOD and then, about 10 minutes later, it hit me.  I felt that feeling I feel when I eat something really sugary.  I don't know why something 'sugar free' made me feel that way but I hated it.  I steer clear of those things now.  I always try to limit myself but I do eat a pack of those Fit and Active Aldi cookies every once in a while or the 100 calorie ones, or if I really want, I'll just eat the real thing to get the feeling over with.  I'm sure if I read the ingredients on those darn cookies I ate, there'd be some interesting ingredients inside...

Most Active