When Can Eating Happen?

ycham87
on 12/16/14 4:44 am

Hey guys! I made it through surgery!  It's been 17 days and the idea of eating makes me scared. I'm on puree diet until the 29th but I wanted to know what are some foods to stay away from and what are some good ones? 

Eggface
on 12/16/14 6:15 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Congratulations on your WLS! Your profile doesn't indicate what type of surgery you had you might want to add that info as it may make a difference in how people answer your Q's.

Don't be afraid to eat... the idea is to finally develop a healthy relationship with food, not fear it. So take each allowable food slow, chew a lot and if at first it lays heavy or doesn't agree with you, take a break from it and try it again in a few weeks. Just because the Dr has it on a list as OK doesn't mean our body is ready for a particular food... usually when you try in again later it'll work out fine.

Best to you

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

lo_ri_p
on 12/25/14 3:24 am - Ocala, FL

I know it sounded silly to me but the doctor's recommendation was to eat with an infant spoon.  The first couple of times I at cream soup and baby food I know I ate too much too fast.  I bought infant spoons and it has helped slow me down.  I have still eaten too much a couple of times but I know I need to take more time between bites.  Hope this helped

CGervolstad2381
on 1/2/15 11:19 am
VSG on 11/12/14

You are lucky my surgery date was November 12th and I am still on clear liquids and protein shakes from my 2 week pre op that started on October 28th. .

Chapter3
on 1/4/15 8:04 am

May I ask why you are still on a liquid diet?

HW: 330, SW: 313, GW: 178

Band: 11/07, Sleeve: 10/12, RNY: 12/14

Most Active