Little help for next medically supervised weight loss appt

Manndragorra
on 11/2/14 12:17 pm
with

My next mswl appt is Thurs and it will be the half way point of my six month requirement for insurance approval.  My surgeon wants my BMI at a certain point prior to surgery and weight loss wise that equals roughly 60 pounds.  So I figure I should be at the half way point but I'm not, in fact I am so far from it I am concerned. 

The doctor's office has one of those body composition scales so I know I am losing fat at a very nice rate however I am putting on pretty much the same amount of muscle as the fat I lose.  The dietician and nurse pract. I see for the appointments do not seem to be concerned.  I have expressed my disappointment that the weight doesn't seem to be coming off.  I had an EDG, which is a requirement of the surgeon, and it seemed like he was less than pleased with my progress. 

I am not making any significant attempts to put on muscle other than the fact that I focus on a high protein diet.  I still limit my calories to 1300 - 1500 a day, no carbonated beverages, no caffinee, no more than 5 servings of carbs a week and getting as much activity in as my schedule allows (I work full time and go to school almost full time) but the weight just isn't coming off.  I have tried bringing up my concerns with the dietician at my last appointment because I was always hungry and she said to try eating a little more and I felt like the weight was creeping back on and I was still hungry.  I don't know how else to express my concerns to the dietician and nurse pract. at my next appointment.  Especially my main concern that if I am unable to get my BMI to where the surgeon where he would like it even though I am adhering to the program, will that mean I can't have the surgery. 

Any suggestions?

Most Active