Vitamin preferences?

SoSmilie
on 11/1/14 2:53 am - South Bend, IN

I'm looking for vitamin recommendations for after sleeve surgery.  I'm still a ways out but I'd like to research what people like.  Specific bariatric vitamins?  Chewable vs pill?

poet_kelly
on 11/1/14 8:59 am - OH

I prefer pills I swallow.  I didn't like the taste of the chewables.  I buy whatever generic adult multi that meets the ASMBS recommendations - 100% of the RDA of things in it, including minerals like copper, zinc and selenium.  Usually I get the Family Wellness brand from Family Dollar.  I use whatever generic calcium citrate is cheap, too, usually the Kroger brand when they have buy one get one free.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SoSmilie
on 11/1/14 12:37 pm - South Bend, IN

Thanks!  Are the pills huge or relatively easy to swallow?  And since I'm new, I'm not sure what ASMBS means - can you enlighten me?  THANKS!

poet_kelly
on 11/1/14 1:09 pm - OH

ASMBS is American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.

Multivitamins and calcium citrate both tend to be fairly big pills.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mariarturner
on 1/20/15 7:37 pm

Remember that, chewable bariatric supplements are risky, because they contain certain chemical fillers. So you better avoid them. Instead, go for bariatric supplements pills/ tablets. They are risk free!

Most Active