Pre-Op Liver Reduction Diet

bthayes0
on 8/19/14 3:51 am

Ok...so day 2 is halfway done.  I am drinking two protein shakes and having a 'lean green' meal for dinner.  Last night was cut up veggies (no dressing) and 2 boiled eggs.  Today at work I about fell asleep during a meeting and cannot seem to wake up.  I also started my period last night (sorry if that's TMI) but I'm trying to determine is this normal with the diet.  I guess I want to make sure that when I have surgery I am in good health and not completely run-down.  Anyone care to share their thoughts/experiences with this?

Gwen M.
on 8/19/14 7:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My experience was that the first 3-4 days really sucked, but after that everything was good to go and my energy and everything picked up!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

hollykim
on 8/21/14 2:36 am, edited 8/21/14 2:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

it is normal and temporary. You are detoxing from sugar/carbs and caffeine. That make you feel the way you do. It will pass,but if you cheat you will be back to square one in feeling terrible. GL

Bonnie1960
on 9/7/14 4:01 am

Im on day 2 and I bout ripped my hubby's head off when he made toast this morning....smelled sooo good!  So I grabbed a Premier Protein shake, and Im ok  :)

LAPBAND Surgery in Norman, Oklahoma on 12/3/2003

Vertical Sleeve  Revision Surgery  in Amarillo, Texas on  12/1/2014   

krittlewillBlittle
on 9/8/14 12:44 pm
with

Hi there,

I just finished day one...I have been trying to mentally prepare for this diet since I got my surgery date.  I have to say it is no joke...It's tough.  I just keep telling myself that once I have my surgery I wont feel as hungry and maybe this pre-op diet will help reduce my cravings after surgery.

Good luck!

Heidela71
on 9/22/14 4:22 pm, edited 9/22/14 4:22 pm

I have to do this diet twice.  My insurance has a required six month waiting period, but I'm actually too large for surgery.  So I have to do this diet now to lose as much weight as I can, and again pre-surgery to make sure all my insides are small enough for my surgeon to work around.  This is my fifth day on this diet, and the first day I actually feel good.  I feel some weight loss (not sure how much yet, I won't weigh in until Wednesday,) but today is the first day I have felt enough energy in a long, long time to do anything productive.  The first few days I was an emotional wreck, and my period started as well, I was wondering the same thing you were (if this is normal for the diet.)  I'm also recovering from a knee injury so I'm hoping I didn't set myself back with all the activity I did today, but wow, it felt so good to be able to do so much!  Best wishes to you!

-Heide

PS  I just realized this post is from last month, but I hope other people reading this might also benefit the way I did when I read your post and all of the responses :)

Most Active