looking for a clear protein drink not made of whey -- any help

townson45
on 5/25/14 5:42 am - Canada

Hello All.  I cannot tolerate whey but need to get a clear protein drink for the liquid phase of the pre-op and post-op diet.  I can stomach pretty much drinking anything no matter how awful tasting so if anyone knows of a product or brand not from whey can you please share?  So far I have been making my own shakes from egg protein but it is not clear. I would appreciate any help.  thanks, Heath 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/14 9:02 am

Talk to the doc or the nut.  I don't know any clear protein.  The egg is as clean as you can get for complete protein. 

The collagen based proteins are clear - but they do not offer complete spectrum of amino acids. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

renee2468
on 6/10/14 10:21 am

Was there a reason why no Whey? Just wondering because thats what I use.

townson45
on 6/11/14 5:22 am - Canada

Renee, i can't seems to digest whey protein.  i react to all milk based proteins with diarrhea.   i can't be alone out there.  if ordered a predigested protein drink called Profect that does have some whey in it but i will have to wait and see if predigested whey is digestible for me. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/14 12:13 pm

You should try this new superfood pop. http://icsuperfoods.com/  Its convinient and is made with vegan protein. Taste great and helps with weight loss.

SOAFan
on 6/12/14 8:42 am

I have used Jay Robb egg white protein and it is fabulous!  It is the only protein powder I can tolerate and DOES NOT taste like protein at all.  It has 115 calories per scoop, 0 fat and 25 gr of protein. You can buy vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and unflavored.  Best stuff ever!  Hope this helps.

townson45
on 6/12/14 10:23 am - Canada

i have seen Jay Robb's egg white protein and wondered how it tasted.  thanks for the recommendation i will try it.  sometimes the chocolate doesn't really taste like chocolate. have you tried the chocolate?  that is why i always buy vanilla.  I would love to give my niece the strawberry if it tasted good as she doesn't like to eat any protein.  you comments are appreciated.  Heath

SOAFan
on 6/12/14 10:09 pm

Yes I have tried the chocolate.  I personally think it has a chocolate taste.  It is not an overpowering chocolate...mild but you can still taste it.  You can always find the stevia "sweet leaf drops" and add more chocolate flavor to it (You can find those in tons of flavors on Amazon), but I generally just use the Jay Robb with skim milk is good and I use either the PB2 or natural peanut butter and sometimes a little bit of frozen banana.  Depends on where you are in the stage of your post op I will buy the no sugar added frozen strawberries and throw a couple in the magic bullet too.  Be creative! :-)  I have only tried the chocolate and vanilla and friends have tried the strawberry and like it, but I haven't tried the strawberry personally but I have confidence it would be just as good. :-)  Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Scarlette B.
on 9/6/14 1:22 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I can drink no milk since surgery, makes me crazy gassy and gives me pouch ouch.  I drink Syntrex Nectar and no tummy issues. You can get sample packs at vitalady..good luck.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Most Active