Help with takin vitamins??

LHZ62165
on 4/22/14 1:47 pm

All these posts are so long ago.  I am almost 11 years put RNY and have been having Vitamin D and Iron defficiencies the past year.  I tried the 50,000 units little green jelly pill once a week script from my DR  but that I had to stop cause it cause me to have abdominal cramping.  I just received my order from vitalady of Tender Dry-3 5,000 IU and  Tender Iron 60mg capsile withe Vitamin C....just not sure when to take them.  I take my thyroid meds when I first wake in the morning....not sure when to take these vitaimins and what I should or shouldnt eat when taking them.  I read somewhere to take the iron on a empty stomach so I was thinking of taking that when I went to bed.  I was also wanting to ad a multi vitamin as well as I havent been taking any vitamins since my problem with the 50,000 units of Vitamin 2 months ago.  E-mailed the vitalady for some input she e-mailed me once asking me what kind of surgery and what I was taking..I emailed her back and never heard back and that was 2 weeks ago.  I had emailed her again last week and still no reply...so I ordered from her site anyway what I wrote in the beginning of this message.  My DR said to start with doing the Vitamin D first for a week or so and then add the Iron....not sure why...guess in case I have any issues with something.  Any info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

New Jersey

curtiskc
on 5/4/14 12:03 am

I too take thyroid meds.  So I wait until noon meal for vitamins and iron and it seems to work for me.  I have trouble with pills at night before bed.

Most Active