Help- I can't keep anything down

LaurenVanessa
on 2/28/14 4:30 am

I am praying that someone has experienced this and can help

I had gastric bypass 4 weeks ago and I've been struggling.  I was fine with my liquid and mushy diet then the nutritionist had me switch over to solid proteins last weekend and I haven't been able to keep anything down.  I'm eating very little very slow but by the second bite of whatever it is I need to throw up.  I switched back to mushy foods because of the troubles and now by my first lick of applesauce I need to throw up.  And once I throw up I have that feeling is in my throat for hours and any liquid that accumulates in my throat gives me the need to throw up again- it's a never ending cycle. 

We've addressed post nasal drip when I feared that could be the cause of my nausea and vomiting, and additionally the surgeon gave me Zofran but now I even throw up after taking that.  The surgeon keeps telling me that I'm dehydrated but I'm certain that's not the issue.  I don't know what to do but I'm scared and I'm at wits end. 

Lauren

cindylou59
on 4/2/14 5:43 pm

I struggled after my sleeve surgery for about 6 - 8 weeks.  I was so thirsty but could only drink sips. I finally started making popsicles. I used the protein shakes and used diluted fruit juice. 

Don't be discouraged. It takes a while for every person to become acclimated and be able to tolerate certain foods.

There are times, even now 6 months later, that I feel "full" after 2 bites.  It is due to issues with my hiatal hernia. 

Most Active