Confused on what go eat! 3 days out! Please help!

Soscared
on 11/22/13 12:13 pm

Sleeve  on Tuesday, discharged on Wednesday. All I do is sleep. I am definitely not getting my 64oz of liquids. What soups cause I have? I was told cream of chicken and I bought that and was told to run it thru a strainer and its so thick It won't go thru it. I added milk/water and still nothing. Do I really have to run it or can I just remove the chunks? 

Any recipes on soups or any fast food or restaurant soups I may be able to get? I am completely scared of dehydration. Please and thank you!!

Rebecca1966
on 11/29/13 6:36 am, edited 11/29/13 6:36 am - OK
VSG on 11/21/13

Day 3 for me was still clear liquids.  Day 4 meant full liquids.  Things I can have:  Protein shakes, thinned sugar-free pudding, low fat buttermilk, nonfat milk, thinned cream soups, thinned low-fat low-sugar greek yogurt, sugar free jello.  Thinned means pourable out of a cup.  You can add unflavored protein powder and milk to your cream soups.  It's not great, but it helps get protein and liquid in.  

You can get chicken noodle soup (strain), tomato soup (no strain), cheese soup (no strain).

I wanted to sleep as well the first few days but you really can't and expect to get in enough water. 

P.S. Your doctor's office really should have given you some instructions on what to eat.  You should call them and ask if they have a handout outlining such things.

Most Active