protein problems

on 11/18/13 6:41 pm
RNY on 10/14/13

Been 6 weeks since my  gastric bypass, I am having difficulty getting all my protein and  water requirements. I  never feel  hungry or thirsty, and I have to make myself eat. Nothing even tastes  good anymore. And I feel like I could sleep constantly. I am drinking protein shakes but feel nauseated afterwards even though it takes me almost an hour to get it down. Has anyone else had these issues in the beginning? HELP!

JazzyOne9254
on 11/24/13 10:20 am

Get those fluids in first!  You are likely dehydrated at this point, as it will take away your thirst and your appetite.  You need to be seen by your doctor.  Not to scare you, but when that happened to me, I was admitted for IV fluids.  If that happens, don't be afraid - it happens to quite a few WLS patients. In my case I was lactose intolerant, and needed to use whey protein isolate, as most of the lactose is processed out of it.  Straight whey gave me constant dhr..and you can lose a lot of fluids *fast* that way!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

on 11/24/13 1:03 pm
RNY on 10/14/13

Thank you so much for replying. That is what happened to me & I found out I am lactose intolerant, too.

Eggman
on 12/23/13 8:12 am - CA
Most Active