Vitamix (or other blender) recipes

Stephanie R.
on 8/29/13 3:32 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
Dusting off my vitamix for post-surgery. Anyone have any favorite foods/recipes to through in the blender?
Jalapeno99
on 9/3/13 12:44 pm - IL

I just had my first post-op pureed meal today using my Vitamix, and it really hit the spot.  I made the "Chilled Avocado Soup" recipe in the Vitamix recipe book.  It has 2 Avocados, 1/4 C. Cilantro, 1/4 C. Sour Cream (I used low fat), 1 inch fresh ginger, 2 Tbsp. Lime juice, 1 Tsp. Asian Pepper Sauce (Sriracha), 5 C. Chicken Broth.  Just put it on a cold soup setting and it pulverizes the ingredients into a velvety cold soup.  It's a huge recipe you you may want to half or even quarter the recipe.  Amazing and 1/2 cup was only like 50 calories.....

Best wishes on your journey!

Stephanie R.
on 9/3/13 12:47 pm - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
Congrats on your first puree'd meal!

I wish I liked avocado and sour cream. I've never been able to eat them. But if you run into any other recipes, let me know!!
Angie S.
on 9/8/13 10:03 am - ID
On September 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Pacific Time, Stephanie R. wrote:
Congrats on your first puree'd meal!

I wish I liked avocado and sour cream. I've never been able to eat them. But if you run into any other recipes, let me know!!
If you haven't tried them post surgery you should. Taste buds change and you love them now!

~~Angie~~

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/9/13 5:58 am

I juts bought the vitamix. I have other blenders.. and I really did not wanted to spend money on that. But now I am so glad. 

I use that for some shakes, and for really mixing some of my items. 

I now make RNY friendly no bake cheesecake, and make batters for my RNY pancakes and even mix my RNY pumpkin bread.  

I don't have detailed recipes.. I typically cook by intuition.   I just put things together and 99% of the time things come out great or very good.  

(i.e. cheesecake: cream cheese + eggs+ yogurt + protein powder+ gelatin+ flavors+ stevia) Blend all. Taste.  Adjust is needed.  I use large ramekins to set the portions.  Making sure that each portion is app 200-250 cal and 20 gr of proteins.  (I make spreadsheet - adding all out and see how many portions I end up with - then divide). If I want to make that in a round platter - I sprinkle toased coconut flakes - so the portions can be easily removed.

RNY pancakes: I make bunch - then freeze them. ( I use eggs, water, protein powder - and / or hemp proteins powder, stevia,    flavoring, some flax meal, backing powder, pinch of salt, optional - coconut flakes,) mix all. Fry on non-stick pan (I have 2-3 going) . cool, eat or freeze. (always taste the first batch and adjust if needed - or toss out is not edible;... lol)  - BTW: if the batter is nasty - the pancakes will be also... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active