Need Help with Vitamins

Forensics1
on 8/18/13 2:40 pm - Hutto, TX

Hello

My name is Mike Adams and I am almost exactly two years post op with a vertical sleeve and doing well. However, I need to pay more attention to my vitamin plan. You comments impressed me. Can someone point me to a good supplier and some precise information in regards to vitamins, please?

I am 63 and now weigh 196 down from 320 @ surgery. Feel good, exercise regularly, and other than chronic pain from years ago I have no health issues. 

Your expert opinion would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Mike

username on this site is Forensics1

C.M. "Mike" Adams

Central Texas

"God makes the wind. We set the sails."

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/13 3:33 am

I love the Zeal for Life Wellness drink.  It's all natural & you mix it in 4-6 oz of ice cold water or 100% juice & drink it once a day.  It is awesome & I've tolerated it very well.  I'm 7 yrs post op.  I actually liked it so much that I became a consultant.  You can check it out at www.rexcates.zealforlife.com 

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/13 3:34 am

If you want to try it, I'd be happy to send you a few free samples to make sure it agrees with you.  Let me know. I'm in Tyler, TX

JazzyOne9254
on 10/6/13 7:43 am

When I was just out with the DS, I ordered Vitalady's Deficiency package.  Once I knew which vitamins I needed, I searched for cheaper sources.  Try Lucky Vitamin and Amazon.com. 

The Vitalady pakages are quite pricey, but it's worth it to get to know what vitamins you need.

Let me warn you:  a lot of bariatric centers are still dishing out the "Flintstone vitamin" regimen.  This is dangerous, because they simply don't have enough of what bariatric surgery patients need, much less adults! 

Vitalady has packages for each surgery and for deficiencies. 

Order the one that matches your surgery, make a list of what comes in the packet, then seek out less expensive sources. You may have to get a couple supplements from Vitalady, and I'm not knocking her plans, but I need to watch my budget very carefully, and the vitamins can be purchased for much less.

Since you only have the sleeve, the top half of the Duodenal Switch, you still absorb everything you take in, so BA might work for you long term.

DSers have very malabsorptive systems, so we have to take ultra high potency vitamins to stay healthy. With just the switch, taking the amounts of vitamins DSers take might put you into vitamin toxicity, so be careful.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Forensics1
on 10/6/13 8:35 am - Hutto, TX
Thank you mam for such complete and accurate information! That is very helpful. I knew that with the sleeve I would not need mega doses of vitamins but would still need some. Also, because I had very good pre surgery counseling, I knew about the flint stones and some other pitfalls. It is nice that we all watch out for one another. I will heed your advice and go shop Amazon!

Mike

C.M. "Mike" Adams

Central Texas

"God makes the wind. We set the sails."

Most Active