Did anyone ever cheat on their pre-op diet?

Carlizle09
on 8/7/13 12:56 pm - UT
If you don't feel like reading this whole message just answer me this, did anyone cheat on their clear liquid diet? ....My 3rd day of my week long clear liquid diet is coming to and end. I do good all day long up until the afternoon and then im starving and desperate for something solid to chew. Today has been the hardest day for me. I live with in laws who brought home pizza for lunch. I get back from the dentist, open the fridge to get milk for my protein shake and BAM im hit will the most overwhelming smell of pizza. Its never smelled so good. I was in such a bad mood and frustrated after seeing and smelling that I slammed the frig and kick the door and cried a little as I made my nasty shake which I gagged on the whole time. Then when my husband went to eat dinner I cried to him and told him I couldn't take it anymore. Well I was bad tonight and had a slice of that pizza. Ughh has anyone else cheated before? Did i just screw myself over? Will my doctor be able to tell?
Member Services
on 8/9/13 2:38 am - Irvine, CA

We are sure there are others that have down what you did.  Hang in there, try and work through why you did what you did.  We have a saying around here, that one needs to get it right between the ears before they rearrange their plumbing.

Talk to someone in your surgeons office and or support group.

Good luck!

G5x5
on 11/6/13 11:44 pm - VA

Don't cheat, it's a personal safety issue.  Most of the cases that end up in the ER post surgery arre because people didn't follow they physician instructions and paid the price.  That price could be much more than a little pain.  In a worse case scenario it could be your life.

Yes, that phase is tough.  Being on all liquids, it can leave you hungry at certain times of the day.  The best way to handle this is lots of water, chewing on crushed ice, flavors in you water (like MIO), and sugar-free popsicles (as many as it takes).

This time period is a mental battle, until you get to solid foods your mind is going to play every dirty trick on you that it can.  There can be tremendous head hunger issues for awhile.

Be safe, follow instructions, and get through.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

JazzyOne9254
on 12/1/13 11:04 am

My surgeon did not require a pre-op diet for me.  I think her philosophy is, If you are a good diet and exercise person, you wouldn't be getting WLS.

I picked my surgery according to the kind of eater I am, and that's how she picks the best surgery for each individual.

I had GERD issues,and she said the RNY/ gastric bypass would cure it. I said, I'm a carnivore, and I love all types of food.  I did not want to go through food mourning  for things I could no longer eat, or "The Last Supper", and I didn't.

I am happy with taking Rx omeprazole for life.  I'm also happy that nearly 300 pounds are gone from my body, and soon, I will have more gone, with excess skin removed by January 30th. Consult on Wednesday with surgeon who took original  retired surgeon's patients.  He couldn't fit me in before his retirement date.  This is the 8th attempt, and I need prayer from all of you that nothing...NOTHING...messes this up...because it's my last shot! 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active