What to eat at 8 weeks out ? Help !!

Rosie B.
on 6/14/13 1:39 pm - Lompoc, CA
RNY on 04/15/13
I had a book that said the things I should and should not eat. From what I can tell it seems to be in sync with most of yours but they say I can have soda, bread and pasta which I don't eat any of. My son lost my book and I am so lost Without it. I called my doctor to see if they can email me something but they won't they said I have to go in and buy it which I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to drive hours away just to get it. So I was wondering if it would be possible to get some suggestions from you guys on what's in your plan or what you guys eat. A lot of the things I eat make me sick and I'm worried it may be because I'm eating the wrong things. Which veggies and is it still canned or fresh fruits. I'm so lost
AMYH-M
on 6/28/13 4:45 am - League City, TX

You are so very newly out, that it is ok to restrict what you eat to just a few things that don't make you sick, and over time, you can eat more of a variety.  Make sure you get your water in as best as you can. You don't want to get dehydrated. It is easy to do.  Second, you want to get in your protein. It will help you heal and lose fat instead of muscle mass. I doubt you have much room after that. Veggies and a little fruit can fill in the rest. I wouldn't eat grain or potato carbs until you are at goal weight. Be careful on the fruit. Yes it is healthy, but the sugar can affect you. I would always eat protein with the fruit to balance out the sugar. And fruit juice is just alot of calories in a glass. I am 5 years out and just starting to drink a little sparkling water. Carbonation makes me feel very bloated. It doesn't count toward your water intake, and it can get in the way of proper digestion and nutrient absorption, but it isn't going to kill you to have a little. It will probably feel very uncomfortable to put carbonation in your tiny stomach though.  Be careful to chew very well. I couldn't eat dense meat or fibrous veggies at 8 weeks. I am still careful about that. With all that said, if I were 8 weeks out, I would eat soup with added protein powder - drink liquid before eating solid parts; eggs, eggs, and more eggs - they were always easy on my stomach; baked fish; Protein drinks - especially in the blender with ice so it is like soft serve ice cream; wafer like protein bars like power crunch - dense ones were not good early out; cottage cheese if you can handle dairy; lean ground beef or ground chicken, very mild chili. I would stay away from bread, pasta, rice, potato, gristly meat, fibrous veggies, fruit juice, or refined sugar. 

Most Active