Need some support buddies to help motivate.

Jenn_29
on 5/20/13 1:43 pm
I am now a year out of surgery. My starting weight was 471 in May 2011. The day before surgery on May 8th 2012 I weighed 415. As of this morning I am 280. I know I have lost a lot but I am still overweight and my weight loss has slowed over the last 6 months. I need to find support to help encourage and educate me so I can get back to losing consistly. This is my first support group since surgery. I am open to any suggestions and would like to make some friends who understand life after surgery. Thanks
Kidda G.
on 7/31/13 7:03 am
Sounds like you've accomplished so much already. Keep on making the better choices...for me it's healthier foods, portion control, taking my vitamins, drinking my water & exercise (which I can do better with). You are doing great. Keep it up!
sweetbaboo90
on 12/13/13 8:06 am

I am 3 yrs op. Started at 306 and by Mar 2013 I was at 187 and wearing my teenagers clothes!!! :)  Then I was hospitalized for an injury and put on predisone for 3 months.  I went back up to 216 lbs. I can't seem to lose it. On top of that I have zero appetite....which makes me weak and tired! I could use a virtual pal to help me stay on track...am more than happy to do the same.  It's hard when no one in your circle knows what you need or go through.

Keith L.
on 12/14/13 3:17 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Are you still on the prednisone? Prednisone if I remember correctly blocks weight loss. How much exercise are you getting. What does your typical eating day look like. When you do eat are you eating healthy or are you eating junk?

How old are you? M or F? This is all info that can help me to help you get back on track.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

onelilbirdie
on 12/28/13 3:46 pm

Dear sweetbaboo90,

I am post roux-n-y.  My surgery was in 2004.  I can empathize with your frustration.  It is my understanding that not eating on a schedule and within protein/calorie guidelines can spell disaster for you.  When you don't eat, you throw your body into "starvation mode,"  which triggers the body mechanisms to hold on to every calorie you take in and send it to STORAGE for later use!  Also, you mention how weak you feel.  Are you taking your vitamin supplements daily?  This too, if you are not religious about it, can thwart your efforts to begin your period of loss again.  I know it has been awhile since you posted your concerns.  I apologize if I am repeating information you are already aware of.  I will check in here later this week, to see how you are doing.  Maybe your best bet is to call your nutritionist, or call your surgeon's group to be re-evaluated.  It is possible labs are needed to determine a starting point to get you back on track.  Don't give up!  Move forward!  All good things to you!

Most Active