stoma stretched, pouch stretched

who knows
on 2/17/13 2:48 am, edited 2/17/13 2:59 am

12 yrs post and trying to get back on tract as i have gained much of what i lost back.  if you seen my other posts they can explain more of the reasons why.  I am wanting to know how to tell if the stoma is stretched and/or the pouch stretches.  I can eat a lot of food unfortunetly, but i still hurt if i do over eat.  When i eat certain foods, SUGARS mostly, i get severe stomach pains and nd up dumping but not throwing up.  mostly cant stay out of bathroom very long.  once i can I start to feel better.  Why am i doing this still? 

Another question is years ago there was a post about finding pout how many oz your pounch can take by using cottage cheese.  Was supppose to eat cottage cheese until you feel full then measure how much cottag cheese you consumed and that was as many oz your pound can hold.  not sure if that is accurate or not but i remember reading this a long time ago!  thank you

hollykim
on 3/19/13 9:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

only thing i can suggest is DON"T eat the wrong foods.

The cottage cheese test has you take a brand new tub of CC, eat from the middle only until you are full. Then fill a measuring cup(one cup cup) with water and add water to the hole where you ate the cottage from. when the water is level see how much is left in your measuring cup and that will tell you how much is in the hole which is how much your pouch holds.

Most Active