Help- Weight Gain

Mschif78
on 2/10/13 1:20 am - Southeastern, MA

Hi...

I had RNY Feb 18, 2011....Went from 250- 172.  Since TGiving I am back up to 185 and scared!  I started working out the last 3 weeks...doing a couch to 5k app and also weight lifting.  Starting slow because i have NOT worked out since I was like 16 and I am 34.  Im proud of myself for doing the last 3 weeks and it IS getting easier.  The food part is not.  Im def an overeater and a snacker.  For my job- I am on road ALOT...I tend to grab things on the go or eat out with my clients.  I have never taken the vitamins.  I havent been back to my surgeon since my first post op because I lost my insurance.

I need some help- I have forgotten what vitamins we are supposed to take.  In an effort to get back on track can someone help me?

Aso---WHYYY THE HECK am i physically hungry after 1 hr of eating a meal?!?!??!  I feel hungry alll day!

Ideas on snacks?  Suggestions on a forum or link to look at?  Ive been using fitness pal and I am finding it hard to stay at 1200 cals!!!

Thanks

Kerry

Lapband 10-23-06
Revision to RNY 2-18-11

HW:278
SW:243
GW:135

bedazzle
on 2/22/13 8:54 am
VSG on 04/26/12
Protein, protein, protein! Eat protein first then veggies and last complex carbs. It has also been suggested to "get back to basics", start with liquids for 2-3 days, then soft foods, then start with protein again (are you seeing a theme yet?). Look up the "pouch test", they say it works.

shajoh
on 3/7/13 10:52 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Cut the carbs! Get 20-40 carbs max. per day. That's causing the cravings & hunger. Do like the previous poster & get back to basics. Try the 5 day pouch test. This will help with carb cravings & get you back on track. Remember always do protein first. Drink at least 64 oz. & cut back on calories. 1200 is more like maintenance not wt. loss.

Sharla

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/13 6:03 am

i think hunger is caused by a chemical release in the brain so your stomach and brain may be saying two different things. you know that when your stomach starts gurgleing you're for sure in need of food. i've been told to drink a tall glass of ice water when you think you might be hungry. if you are, then the water won't do anything for you. if you're not then the idea of hunger will go away! laugh good luck!

Kidda G.
on 7/31/13 7:17 am
Lets see I take a multi-vitamin, calcium caltrate,, Prevacid, biotin, vitamin D, Fish oil omega 3, sublingual b-12,vitamin c, vitamin A. Make it a daily routine because as you probably already know the malabsorption doesn't go away. Our bodies need these vitamins. I'd make yourself a priority and get blood work once a year....I wish you luck!
TrishSchline
on 2/3/14 4:38 am

Hi Kerry.

I just recently re-joined obesity help. I had my RNY nearly 11 years ago. I started 279, losing 152 lbs. I was at 124 which I felt was  too small for my body. I felt my best at 140 which for me was a 6/8 clothes. Over the past two years I have gained 28 LBS and weighing in at 168, ugh. I too have been looking in how I got this way and what I can do to change it. I've recently re-started my vitamins which I hadn't taken in YEARS - I'm horrible at it. I've only ever eaten since surgery the palm of my hand at a sitting but I've lost protein in my diet which I am trying to implement again. I am veggie person and gosh I love pasta! Bad bad bad I know, hard habits are hard to break. However, I know I never want to be where I started and I need and WILL get back to the mindset that it takes to be healthy, eat to survive not survive to eat. To help get me started I went back to whatI knew, the John Hopkins website which had laid out all the basics. Here is the webpage http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/johns_hopkins_bayview/medical _services/specialty_care/bariatrics/for_current_patients/ 

I am going to try my best to try the 5 Day boost to restart my pouch, although I don't think it is totally out of whack, I know it is not where it was. Her is the link to the website for this http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/day5.html ....It would be nice to hear from you, and your progress, maybe a buddy system to get us both started!!!

Good luck to you....remember protein first, always!

Trish

Most Active