Juicing and Smoothies

sanguinarythorn
on 2/3/13 11:44 pm - Newport News, VA

I'm just curious if there are any other post-opers out there who juice or blend? My fridge and counters have transformed to look like the produce section in the grocery store. I have pretty much no meat anymore. In fact, I haven't eaten anything other than chicken in about 2 weeks. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there with any success.

KC317
on 2/27/13 2:20 am

Hi! I am about 5 years post op, and I have recently made the switch to veganism. It IS a challenge to find non animal based proteins, but it is possible to do with proper planning. Currently, my morning consists of juicing, and I add in spirulina to boost protein. I can already tell a change in my body, it's pretty incredible. My juices are about 70% veggie though, to keep control of carbs/calories. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/13 8:55 pm

That's great... Veggies  and fruits are real good. Drinking a lot of water too, as it is one way to detox your body.

Lisanelson_2
on 4/4/13 3:30 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I juice solely to get in vital nutrients in the most absorbable manner possible. I have written on and studied the grossly underreported problem with nutrient deficiency starting around the two year mark. This problem can cause anxiety, insomnia, compulsive snacking, depression, etc. My base is typically kale which is calcium rich without the oxalic acid which inhibits calcium absorption (which is in spinach and chard). I'll add a pepper, cucumber, celery, and for taste an apple, pear or carrot. I think its a great adjunct to your nutrient regimen. Keep the fruits minimal or water down if too sweet
Most Active