Happy New Year! New Year... Let's lose the extra weight! Who's in? I've gains some extra...

YummyMummy1
on 1/9/13 5:02 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hello Friends!

Happy 2013!!! New Year and settings my personal goals.

Since my last post on my profile, I have had a physical and my vitamin counts was off the wall. My IRON level was extremely low and in November was told that I was going to get IRON IV treatment for 3 weeks. That was all my December 2012.

I have gained 41 pounds from me being at my lowest weight of 134pounds. Grrrr! I can SCREAM!

I am back here to find support from OH friends that have been through my type of surgery. Yeah.... I can hang around with my co-workers and jump in with their diet menus, but it's not the SAME!

I am looking for friends to keep in touch and give each other FOOD support! LOL!

Let's do this People!
Friend ME!

YummyMummy1

Dazzling
on 1/10/13 4:54 am - DC

Hi YummyMummy-

Sounds like a plan!  I would love to keep in touch and get back on track together.  You might want to check out the Back on Track Together Forum - BOTT- that is targeted at people like us.  I had a VSG in June 2009 and lost 80lbs in 8 months, getting down to an unprecedented size 4 (i have pics in my profile).  Someone actually told me I was "straight up and down," as opposed to pear shaped at that size - I literally turned around to see if they were talking to someone behind me.

It was so fun!  Nothing fit - I had no idea how to dress with my new figure - and out I went and accumulated a fantastic wardrobe at local consignment shops here in DC. ($700 pans for $25!)  Now none of it fits.  GRRR.  How did this happen??  I am now a size 12/14 and have gained between 20-25lbs.  My goal is to get back down.  It was effortless for so long and then bad habits snuck back in one by one. 

My other goal for the year is to become fit.  I am completely out of shape and I am determined to make this next year the year of transformation in that regard.  I am a bit nervous about pairing weight loss and exercising together, but it has to be possible.  

I am sorry to hear you were so anemic!  That must have been absolutely exhausting. 

Hope to hear from you

Jenny

YummyMummy1
on 1/11/13 1:20 am - Hawthorne, CA
HI Jenny!
Wow! You did lose a lot of weight. Good For you! You look great!
Well, I'm joining that forum. I started my diet on Monday and as of this morning I have lost 2 pounds. It's a start!
I plan to also intergate excerise to my daily routine. I need to.

YummyMummy1

Dazzling
on 1/11/13 3:04 am - DC

Great! Should we "talk" over there? 

Congrats on your 2 lbs!! Me too! : )  I lost 2 lbs in 2 days (yes, I know, water weight, but still...)

Definitely on a learning curve. The first day I didn't have snacks stuck in my bag and after I had to be out all day, I ate a ton of carbs (graham crackers) when I got home starving. So that reminded me - always bring high protein snacks with me when going out.  There is nothing out there...Do you have food you bring along? what works for you?

I am trying out different calorie/protein/carb counters on my iphone for tracking. Also this awesome app called Fooducation - very informative. Do you write things down?

I am a bit confused about the working out thing while losing weight and may pose a question in the general forum.  While cardio could still work, how would strength training, which interests me more?  You can't lose weight and build muscle at the same time, can you? Is it even worth doing? I have to learn more.

Hope you are having a good day!

YummyMummy1
on 1/14/13 2:59 pm - Hawthorne, CA
THAT IS SOOOO GOOD ON YOUR WEIGHT!!! wooohooo!

I am logging all of my meals, snacks and excerise on www.loseit.com
You can find me there. My screen name is Sandz96.
Try it. It also helps you out counting your calories if you do decide to go out to eat. It has a large range of resturants and their menus. Try it.

Yes, for 2 weeks I have been taking my lunch to work and it helps. Protien is my rule always. Im trying my best to stay away from carbs. My body and carbs love each other but the scale hates them. LOL!
I will talk to you on the new forum. Let me see if they allowed me in.
TTYL.
Sandie P,

YummyMummy1

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/13 7:25 pm

Good Luck ;)

Most Active