Almost 7 years post-op & gained!

Linda Y.
on 12/24/12 1:23 pm - Portsmouth, VA

Okay, I know I need to cut out the popcorn & a few other white starch that I eat...oh & a little fast food. But the fast food is only the meat that I put on 1/2 FlatOut flat bread.

I totally know what I'm suppose to stay away from, but I gained back 28.5 lbs anyway.  I don't eat because I get hnugry, I just like to be eating something all day long!

Should I get back to the bare basics, including protein shakes?

Right now I eat 2 big meals, (mostly protein with no drinking) but I seem to be snacking more & more now. 

If I try to eat 5 little meals a day will I start to lose the weight?

And if so, can y'all make some suggestions of what & how much to eat?

I also have negative thinking about not being able to lose the weigh 'cause I'm much older now...will be 60 in Feburary.  YIKES 60...that doesn't sound right!

Many thanks in advance! :)

Linda Y

"IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START...IT'S ALWAYS TOO LATE TO WAIT."        

Ruby R.
on 12/26/12 10:28 am

i do not have answers to your questions.  I just wanted you to know we are in the same boat.  It will be 8 years for me in March.  I have gained 25 pounds.  My husband was very ill this year.  He was in hospitals/rehabs for 15 weeks and I stayed with him.  I lived out of vending machines.  ugh.  Talk about age.  I will be 68 in January.  

if you are interested in an email pin pal, let me know.  I could send you my email address.

Ruby 

Linda Y.
on 12/26/12 10:33 am - Portsmouth, VA

Hi Ruby,

Yes does sound like we're in the same boat!

Sorry to hear of your husbands illness. 

I hope the New Year will be more peaceful for you both.

Here's my email:                                                                                                             [email protected]

Linda Y

bosscoupe65
on 1/5/13 9:09 am - N Huntingdon, PA

Like you I am 30 pounds heavier.  During this time both my parents passed away as well as two yournger cousins 2 aunts and a uncle.  I also have had both knees replaced.  I finally went back to my doctor last April, got script for blood work and didnt go.  I know that is important but am feeling so much like a failure.  I wish I would have kept my food diary that I did when I first had my surgery..  I guess that is the first thing I need to do.. seeing a nutritionist is the second and then going back to my gastro dr and getting my blood done.

It is so hard to get back on track.  But I know what I should be doing...OMG   what is wrong with me that I cant get my act together?

Good luck to all and stay healtthy

Linda Y.
on 1/5/13 1:45 pm - Portsmouth, VA

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Since I posted this I too went haywire & starting eating even more carbs than I'm suppose to.

But like a lighting bolt I remember the "Serenity Prayer".  I say it all day long now.  Not just for my eating but for whatever I have going on at the moment.

It seems to be working 'cause I'm starting to have less & less temptations.

Maybe you need somthing like this too.  Find a prayer to talks to you, a prayer that is you!  Something that has real meaning to you. 

This is how I fell about the Serenity Prayer.  It's not just for "AA"...it's for any type of addiction, & we are or were food addicts!

I hope the New Year turns around for you!

Linda Y

bosscoupe65
on 1/6/13 9:00 am - N Huntingdon, PA

Thanks Linda, I do have that prayer at my desk at work. Maybe I need to remember to relate it to all parts of my life. 

Linda Y.
on 1/6/13 7:13 pm - Portsmouth, VA

Your prayer was there, but you just didn't see for all the trees! :)

Don't try to remember...start today by making it a habit.

Before long you'll see your life back on track.

I'm not a very relegious person but it seems like when we get older that's when prayer starts to make sense...at least it did for me!

Love God AND love yourself EVERYDAY!

Linda Y

YummyMummy1
on 1/9/13 3:20 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Ladies!
I'm truly sorry to hear about the losses of your loving family members. I truly hope that you will overcome the pain and focus on your health.

I have GAINED 35 to 40pounds. I had RYN July 2008 and gradually have gained this much. I was drastically low in my IRON count in November and was forced to get 3 weeks of IRON IV in December 2012.

Now I am sitting at my desk and in need of support and feedback from people that are in thos with me. Let's Do This! I know this has nothing to do with your age. It's all up to us to get back on track, eat better and step up the excerise. I am with you guys!
I am turning "40" in August and I hope to lose this by May.
Come on ladies! Let's give ourselves that support!!!!!
Friend me. I am doing a food journal in this nice site. www.loseit.com
join me.

YummyMummy1

Linda Y.
on 1/9/13 3:49 am - Portsmouth, VA

Sounds yummy to me YummyMummy...I'm in. :)

Right now I use fitday.com & I too want to lose by May.  We're hoping to go back home to Texas in May for our 40th anniversary & I don't want the family to say "I thought she had surgery to lose weight?" :)

Let keep in touch,

Linda Yzquierdo

[email protected]

Facebook & Skype: lindayzq

Linda Y

Most Active