protein powder as an additive

Zaytune
on 10/17/12 2:34 pm
Hi everybody...I hope you are all doing well! I want to use a protein powder that I can just stir into soups, yogurts & the such.
If anyone here has found one that meets the required needs for bariatric patients and works well mixing w/foods, please share! Thanks in advance.

JazzyOne9254
on 10/18/12 1:21 am, edited 10/18/12 1:29 am

I use unflavored whey protein isolate.  It's available in bulk (5# and 10#) from several sources, even on eBay!  It is more of a "whisk in" than stir in, because as you know, whey powder lumps,  In "hot" foods, you need to allow the food to cool down to
warm, (a little warmer than eating temperature) then add the powder, otherwise, you'll "kill" the protein.
I don't really like to mention brands on the board, so if you PM me, I'll tell you a few that I use.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Terrimarv
on 12/8/12 8:27 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Unflavored Unjury--you can add it to anything, warm or cold.
Annyka
on 1/14/13 10:26 pm - Pfafftown, NC

"Any Whey" brand is designed to be heat tolerant (you can bake with it, etc). It does have a huge tendency to clump when added to hot liquid - so you'd want to temper it first by thoroughly combining with lukewarm broth or water, and then adding to your soup. I only use it for soup type meals where there's not sufficient protein in the other ingredients, or as in today's breakfast, which was warm barley and milk with pumpkin seeds (I'm 1+ year out).

Most Active