hi Im Amber

amber_s
on 6/29/12 12:34 pm
My dad has forced me to go on a diet and this forum.  everyone is concerned about my health.Im almost 19 and have mixed feelings about all this.  I need some help and encouragement if Im to change my life.

Anyway my first question is this:

Im 5'3 and 192.8 pounds.

how many times a day should I snack and what should it be?

My dad has me on a 1500 calorie a day diet.  But he says I should snack to keep my metabolism up any ideas?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

A. Skaggs
    O_e
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 8:36 am - allen, TX
Hi Amber,

Mary here, I am 5'3' and 151 now , I was 195 when I started, goal is to be at 120 lbs. I am doing it  with healthy dieting working perfect for me. started about 3 months ago. I hope to reach my target within 90 days.

I am having 3 meals and 2 snacks.

I will be glad to share my diet plan/ schedule  with you if you are interested .
poet_kelly
on 7/1/12 12:28 pm - OH
Amber, do you want to be on a diet?  How is your dad forcing you to diet?  I'm very concerned about that.

If you want to diet, I recommend seeing a registered dietician to get a diet plan that is right for you.  Does your dad have any special training or education n nutrition or dietary science?  Is he a medical doctor?  If not, he's not qualified to determine how many calories you need a day.

Eating small meals frequently can help you keep from feeling too hungry and will keep your metabolism up.  You would eat 300 calories or so, about five times a day.  I actually eat about 1500 calories a day and I eat six times a day, most days.  Each "meal" is 200 to 300 calories.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active