Protein shake

Champadoozle
on 5/21/12 9:20 am - Corpus Christi, TX
 I start my pre-op liquid diet on Friday.  I was wondering about the assortment of shakes available, so I had one this afternoon to keep me from snacking too much before my book club.  I drank the shake at four, and here two hours later I am hungry.  How long should those shakes keep you full?  Also, I have tried cutting back between now and Friday when it is strictly liquid, and I have a horrible headache.... is this related?  I am a little more than nervous about my upcoming diet.  I appreciate anyone who can give me some guidance. 
poet_kelly
on 5/22/12 9:25 pm - OH
Liquids probably won't keep you full more than a couple hours.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/12 1:02 pm - NM
I would love to share a great nutritional shake/protein shake progam with you...email me @ [email protected] This is great because it personally has kept me full for up to 4 hours, but it gives you all your daily nutrients that you need and it is recommended by a few docs who perform lap band and gastric bypass to their patients for both pre and postop diets! It is very affordable and you can even get it for free! There are also appetite suppresants(powder form) that you can add to the shake to help control your hunger :)
Most Active