Help I can't stomach my calcium supplement!!!!!

Shelly D.
on 3/19/12 11:34 pm - Midland, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
Hello everyone

I am post  RNY  2 weeks today   yay         

I am currently taking a liquid calcium supplement with vitamin D and magnesium in it for better absorption. I haven't been faithful to taking it as I should as it is so gross !!! yukk! and I just can't stomach it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something they've found that better or more tolerable?

Any and all feedback is appreciated

Enjoy the sunshine      Shelly  

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/22/12 4:51 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/22/12 4:58 am
There are many.
Most post ops early on use chewables or powder. Calcium citrate.

There are soem from BA or Celebrate. The powder - Upcal-D , many people use and recommend,
I still use some pills, some caps and some chewables. They are just easier for me to take.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Shelly D.
on 3/22/12 11:35 pm - Midland, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
Thanks   :)    I did end up getting a chewable which is awesome and tolerable except that I have to take 5 tablets a day to get the necessary calcium magnesium and vitamin D......

Have a great Day   

Shelly
Most Active