Pimples? Reaction to pre op diet?

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 2/3/12 2:09 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
 I've been doing a hardcore high protein, low carb/sugar diet in preparation for surgery in April (?).

Ive been doing Lean Cuisines, sf/fat free puddings, Greek yogurt and EAS AdvantEdge protein shakes and sf Cran grape and 4****d tea packets with Splenda.

I was a big regular Pepsi drinker up until 9 days ago.  No soda at all now.

Ive noticed some cystic pimply looking blemishes developing, probably 10 of them.  They're not itchy or anything and I usually have good skin, no zits lol.  Something in my diet seems to be triggering this.  They're all over - not my face but one on my neck, a couple on my torso and a couple on my breasts.

Has anyone had a reaction to protein shakes or Splenda or anything like that?  This won't be fun if that's the case, since a lot of this stuff will be a big part of my diet for life.

Leave it to me to start eating healthy and drink TONS of water and have my skin go DOWNhill!!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/12 1:36 am
Soon_to_be_skinny_Stacie - We would like to chat with you more about this. Give us a call at 800-297-9776 Monday through Friday, 8:30-5 EST. Please reference #00633326 when you call.

~Katie @ EAS
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/8/12 1:01 am
My skin on my face breaks up when I use splenda.  Or do not have regular good BM...
I had to give up splenda, artificial sweeteners and flavors. 
it took me over 2 weeks on a very clean diet (no artificial stuff ) that my face - skin cleared up.  1-2 days - not really did that. 

Now - I do try to stay away from that.
I use stevia, and natural sweeteners. Also try to avoid artificial flavors and colors.

Soy protein - is like estrogen,,, it may also cause some "hormonal" reaction ...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 2/8/12 7:06 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I mentioned it to the chiro I work for today and she said oh let me guess are you taking lots of vitamin B? I said yes actually I am. She said its a common reaction, stop the B's and bet it goes right away.

She's pretty nutrition savvy and when she said that it makes perfect sense. I had them once before and it was when I was also taking lots of B post-shingles.

Wondering how that's going to work out after surgery when I need all that B12.
Most Active