protein powder issue

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 2:25 am
Hi,

In a few months I will be having the gastric bypass, so I been trying out some protein powders and sadly to say I don’t like them as I think they taste nasty.  I tried the sample pack from Necter and the body fortress from Wal-Mart and I can’t get pass the test.

I was wondering if any one else had the same issue of taste and what other brands do you guys use, although my taste could change after the surgery.

I also wonder if the unflavored protein powder would work in Crystal Light drinks.

Thank you
Brian 
wishfullthinker
on 1/15/12 12:54 pm
 i had the same issue! i'd gag at the taste of them! i talked to my nutrionist & she said try the unjury, the have a few flavors some you can use with milk others you can use with water. They have an unflavored i mixed in oatmeal.. an didnt even taste it! it was great, also she warned mixing it in drinks like crystal light because its gritty & may not mix well, so she did recomend me to do unflavored or vanilla (unjury) with 8oz of milk & 1/2 a banana blended so super fine and that can be my protien shake... I tried it and it was good, no funky after taste no gag. But I am still 3 weeks away from surgery so my taste buds might change too. Well good luck with everything!
mscaramelle
on 1/15/12 2:40 pm - Canada
Hello ladies;

I have been taking a protein drink for  over 2 weeks now and absolutely love it.  I guess chalkiness has been an issue for so many?  The flavor is called "Sweet Cream Mix" and I mix in different fruits and add soy or almond milk.   My favorite is adding frozen Mango chunks so I can skip the ice and it is like heaven (hence my pic)

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention brands on the message boards, but if you'd like information about what is in the protein mix, just message me.

Cheers!
Terri
MEANDMY2GIRLS
on 1/18/12 8:48 am - MD
I drink a pre made protein drink by Worldwide & it is very good. It can be very sweet so I have started to add a tablespoon of peanut butter & 2 ice icubes & put it in the blender....yum!
mlleelise
on 1/27/12 2:23 pm
DS on 02/13/12
I notice that everyon else says brand names...so, please, what brand do you use? Thank you!
mscaramelle
on 2/11/12 10:48 pm - Canada
Good Morning Elise;

I am using Visalus Sciences.  It's a Tri-Sorb protein with non-GMO soy and whey protein.   There are no isoflavones, so men can use it as well.   Diabetic-friendly and gluten-free.  My favorite recipe is frozen mango with 1/2 banana, the protein powder and almond milk.  My 2nd favorite is banana and organic peanut butter, the powder, almond milk. 

Cheers,
Terri
wendylouu
on 2/18/12 4:42 am - GA
 I use advocare.
www.advocare.com/11032524 they have meal replacement shakes that have 24 grams of protein and protein shakes as well

Live, Laugh, Love

bamababs1
on 2/21/12 3:21 am - Pell City, AL
Since I originally had my surgery in 2008 I have tried many of the protein products on the market ...a few weeks ago I discovered Visalus...it passed the true test I love it and better still my two hefty teenage boys love it as well.  We are all on the program and doing great. 

you can check out more info at www.barbaramathis.bodybyvi.com

I had some real issues not getting enough nutrition...I think the absolute worst tasting was the muscle milk...ughhh.
JustpeachyKeen
on 4/16/12 10:31 pm
 I had surgery several years ago and have tried many.  Best one by far is  ultimate pro fit by it works. I use vanilla cuz u can blend in whatever fruits u want to change flavor (pineapple, strawberry, peanut butter, banana....etc). I also put my supplement powder in there in morning so I'm getting all my multi vitamins and my morning protein at same time! I buy them here, she had surgery too n is very helpful.  https://wrapwithalicia.myitworks.com
Most Active